Having the hardest time getting a domain name

• so my ultimate goal here is to have a web domain that points to my OMV log in page so i can access everything from outside of my network. i have tried places like no-ip.com and dynu.com because i'm trying to do this without spending any money. i keep reading about places like linode.com and digitalocean.com but both of those cost money. some other tutorials i have come across seem to be able to make a web server without even leaving the command prompt. i'm not sure why i havent been able to make a successful webpage but since i don't know anything about making websites, i am unsure at which direction i need to go, what tutorials i need to watch/follow, etc.

if anyone has successfully done this, can you give some advice on what videos i can search for or web articles i can be reading to help me accomplish my goal?

side note: i recently discovered my ISP does not support port forwarding, of any kind. I can not forward ANY ports, would this stop me from accomplishing my goal?

• If you can get by with only console access, install the teamviewerhost plugin and connect with a the teamviewer application. This does not require any port forwards.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• This guide won’t work without port forwarding.
    There might a way, which involves setting up a vpn host or ssh Tunnel from somewhere else. But this would involve renting a server

You're right,
    It needs ports 80 and 443 forwarded.

HP t630 Thin Cliënt (AMD Embedded G-Series GX-420GI | QuadCore | 8GB)
    7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) | 64 bit | pve-kernel-6.8 | omvextrasorg 7.0

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!