Trying to install Cloudcmd with portainer but getting errors

• I used Technodadlife's videos to install Cloudcmd and Watchtower on my OMV4 NAS while using the old plugin for Plex. That Plex plugin was rather outdated and some issues where popping up so I recently installed OMV5 and managed to get Plex running using Portainer without too much fuss. Today I tried to install Cloudcmd and using this https://forum.openmediavault.o…mpose-files-in-Portainer/ and the compose info from cloudcmd's docker page. When I deployed it, I got this error

Code
    Deployment error
    Error response from daemon:
    driver failed programming
    external connectivity on
    endpoint cloudcmd_web1
    (800fc4dd09f252433badb8f84a5f
    e2dd58add6862b2d1c48efcf9968
    dc903403):  Bind for 0.0.0.0:8000
    failed: port is already allocated

So at this point I have no idea what is wrong so I removed the container and tried again, same error.

Could someone help me understand what I did wrong and how I might fix it and get Cloudcmd up and running?

Thanks

• Portainer uses ports 8000 and 9000 and the error you posted shows that you are trying to use port 8000 again. This will not work so change your docker compose file to use another port. But you should check first to see that whatever port you wish to use is not already in use.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Easiest way for me is to telnet to the OMV IP address and port and see how it answers:

fred@omv:~$ telnet 192.168.1.51 8000
    Trying 192.168.1.51...
    Connected to 192.168.1.51.
    Escape character is '^]'.

The above shows a successful connection, so TCP port 8000 is in use.

fred@omv:~$ telnet 192.168.1.51 8002
    Trying 192.168.1.51...
    telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

The above shows that the connection was refused, so TCP port 8002 is not in use.

Or you could run:

netstat -t -u and interpret the results.

There are other ways as well.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Please excuse me for all the questions, I am quite the novice using the command line. I used putty to log in as root and tried to run the telnet command like you listed but using my ip address and got "Command not found". Still, I tried to use port 8002 for the compose argument and got it to deploy and run, but when I went to my ip:8002, it would not connect in my browser, any ideas why?

• Install the telnet package:

sudo apt-get install telnet

No idea why you can't connect - not enough to go on. Install telnet and try connecting that way to see if the port is in use or not. Maybe the container isn't running?

But for future reference it's impossible to debug a docker compose file if you do not provide it.

--

• Code
    version: '2'
    services:
      web:
        ports:
          - 8000:8000
        volumes:
          - ~:/root
          - /:/mnt/fs
        image: coderaiser/cloudcmd

That is the compose contents I used but changed the port to 8002. While poking around the image details in Portainer, I noticed that within the dockerfile details section, it shows "expose" 8000/tcp and one of the last image layers is called expose 8000. Could this be the problem, even though i change the port, it is still exposing 8000 so things don't work?

• Don't provide a compose file and then say you changed something in it. Provide the actual file you used to create the container.

--

• I don't have a compose file, I used the stack function and pasted the compose info into it as shown in the link in my first post which generates the container within portainer. This is the actual information i used

Code
    services:
      web:
        ports:
          - 8002:8002
        volumes:
  • The compose file you are using will not work. Use the debugged one below instead:

Code
    services:
      web:
        ports:
          - 8002:8000
        volumes:

--

• Yer welcome. Just in case you haven't figured it out, to get into your OMV filesystem you have to navigate to:

/mnt/fs/

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!