omv nas reporting 0 bytes free in windows Finder

• My btrfs omv nas build suddently reported that 0 bytes free in windows Finder. And i now cannot copy any new files to my drive , however in my omvconfig settigns its clearly shows i have

10.77tb used and 27.41 tb avaiable. All my data seems to be there still. However when i delete files, no free space is freed up..

Ive tried rebooting windows and the nas a few time to no succces. ive managed to amnke another shared folder onthe nas but this still reports 0 bytes available..

I googled and found this , bnot sure if its is relelvant,

https://forum.openmediavault.o…p/Thread/2441-Free-Space/

the tune2fs command seems like it might help , how do i used this,

I assume i just need to rebuild a table on my nas to get it working smoothly, again,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

• As you are using btrfs have a look here:

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/…22No_space_left_on_device

thanks i went to that page and found this

I get "No space left on device" errors, but df says I've got lots of space

First, check how much space has been allocated on your filesystem:
    $ sudo btrfs fi showLabel: 'media' uuid: 3993e50e-a926-48a4-867f-36b53d924c35 Total devices 1 FS bytes used 61.61GB devid 1 size 133.04GB used 133.04GB path /dev/sdfNote that in this case, all of the devices (the only device) in the filesystem are fully utilised. This is your first clue.
    Next, check how much of your metadata allocation has been used up:

$ sudo btrfs fi df /mount/pointData: total=127.01GB, used=56.97GBSystem, DUP: total=8.00MB, used=20.00KBSystem: total=4.00MB, used=0.00Metadata, DUP: total=3.00GB, used=2.32GBMetadata: total=8.00MB, used=0.00Note that the Metadata used value is fairly close (75% or more) to the Metadata total value, but there's lots of Data space left. What has happened is that the filesystem has allocated all of the available space to either data or metadata, and then one of those has filled up (usually, it's the metadata space that does this). For now, a workaround is to run a partial balance:

$ sudo btrfs fi balance start -dusage=5 /mount/pointNote that there should be no space between the -d and the usage. This command will attempt to relocate data in empty or near-empty data chunks (at most 5% used, in this example), allowing the space to be reclaimed and reassigned to metadata.
    If the balance command ends with "Done, had to relocate 0 out of XX chunks", then you need to increase the "dusage" percentage parameter till at least one chunk is relocated. More information is available elsewhere in this wiki, if you want to know what a balance does, or what options are available for the balance command.

however i cant seem to be able to run the command see my error messages ,,

root@openmediavault:~# sudo btrfs fi show
    Label: none uuid: f2af6f52-8f93-4522-8f3e-45bee0188ea0
    Total devices 1 FS bytes used 10.78TiB
    devid 1 size 38.20TiB used 10.80TiB path /dev/md0

root@openmediavault:~# sudo btrfs fi df /mount/point
    ERROR: cannot access '/mount/point': No such file or directory

root@openmediavault:~# sudo btrfs fi balance start -dusage=5 /mount/point

anybody else help me???

thanks i went to that page and found this

I get "No space left on device" errors, but df says I've got lots of space

First, check how much space has been allocated on your filesystem:
    $ sudo btrfs fi showLabel: 'media' uuid: 3993e50e-a926-48a4-867f-36b53d924c35 Total devices 1 FS bytes used 61.61GB devid 1 size 133.04GB used 133.04GB path /dev/sdfNote that in this case, all of the devices (the only device) in the filesystem are fully utilised. This is your first clue.
    Next, check how much of your metadata allocation has been used up:

$ sudo btrfs fi df /mount/pointData: total=127.01GB, used=56.97GBSystem, DUP: total=8.00MB, used=20.00KBSystem: total=4.00MB, used=0.00Metadata, DUP: total=3.00GB, used=2.32GBMetadata: total=8.00MB, used=0.00Note that the Metadata used value is fairly close (75% or more) to the Metadata total value, but there's lots of Data space left. What has happened is that the filesystem has allocated all of the available space to either data or metadata, and then one of those has filled up (usually, it's the metadata space that does this). For now, a workaround is to run a partial balance:

$ sudo btrfs fi balance start -dusage=5 /mount/pointNote that there should be no space between the -d and the usage. This command will attempt to relocate data in empty or near-empty data chunks (at most 5% used, in this example), allowing the space to be reclaimed and reassigned to metadata.
    If the balance command ends with "Done, had to relocate 0 out of XX chunks", then you need to increase the "dusage" percentage parameter till at least one chunk is relocated. More information is available elsewhere in this wiki, if you want to know what a balance does, or what options are available for the balance command.

however i cant seem to be able to run the command see my error messages ,,

root@openmediavault:~# sudo btrfs fi show
    Label: none uuid: f2af6f52-8f93-4522-8f3e-45bee0188ea0
    Total devices 1 FS bytes used 10.78TiB
    devid 1 size 38.20TiB used 10.80TiB path /dev/md0

root@openmediavault:~# sudo btrfs fi df /mount/point

root@openmediavault:~# sudo btrfs fi balance start -dusage=5 /mount/point

anybody else help me???

no sure what my mount point is?

Ok i manage to find my mount points

this is the output i get from the command is this

sudo btrfs fi balance start -dusage=5 /sharedfolders/extra

Done, had to relocate 5 out of 11045 chunks
    root@openmediavault:~#
    root@openmediavault:~# sudo btrfs fi balance start -dusage=5 /sharedfolders/documents
    Done, had to relocate 0 out of 11040 chunks

the command has seem to run, but i still have 0 bytes error in my windows finder

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!