5.0.5 installation stuck on configuring DHCP IPv6

• Hello,

Here is the output of 'ps' when the install is stuck.

I've seen at least two other threads with the same issue, but in those cases it seemingly solved itself.

I've been running OMV 3 and 4 without issues.

I do not believe I have IPv6 as I had to ask my ISP to disable it in order for my Caddy server to host Jellyfin properly.

I hope there's a way to work through this! Any help is well appreciated!
    x. pressing the enter key to skip DCHP IPv6 configuration
    x. trying a different ethernet cable with a different port in the router
    x. changing region/locale/language in the installation before it gets stuck

Currently untested/unconfirmed solutions

Beginning the installation with ethernet unplugged, plugging it in after slow/no DCHP message. This installs OMV without mirrors and unable to apt-get update. I have tried updating the sources list, but it ends up not reading it/posting errors reading it.

Do y'all think installing OMV without ethernet is the way to go? I was very satisfied with OMV 4 and was hoping for a relatively painless migration to 5, but halting at this point is just a huge blow.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would it be possible to install the 5.0.1 iso and upgrade from there?

Yep. That is something you could try instead of waiting for a response.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Most of the time, we recommend using the Debian 10 net-install image if the OMV iso doesn't work. You can then install OMV using the install script - https://forum.openmediavault.o…-s-i386-32-bit-platforms/

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Can I make a suggestion that worked for me ( bear in mind this is new to me )

I found that keeping the network cable unplugged and the plugging it in during the DCHP configuration bypassed the problem and I was able to continue from there.

• OMV 5.3.9 virtual machine
    ESXi on HPE Gen10 microserver

It also stalls during the IPv6 configuration. I enabled DHCPv6 on my router (pfsense) and the install continued. I guess Debian10 does not support Router Announcements and gets "stuck on stupid" during this step during the installation step. Once it completed installation, I rebooted my VM for the DHCP MAC reservation to take effect. Once it grabbed the v4 address that was the only address it retained.

• So something is wrong with IP6 configuration. It fails to close out and hangs the install.

I have found that you need to jump into another console (F2) and list the working jobs (use the command: ps).

Find the task(s) with "dhclient6.conf" in their line. I have 2 of them. They should be at the bottom of the "ps' list.

Take the pid for those tasks (6161 and 6162 in my case) and kill those. ("Kill 6162") For me killing one seemed to make the other go away so perhaps one is blocking the other? IDK

Then return to the original install screen (F1) and the install should have moved to the next step.

I know this is an old thread, but I ran into this issue today and had figured it out a few months ago and found myself looking for the answer online until I figured it out again. Perhaps this post will save me some time next time and others in the future.

• I have ran into this problem when I was changing hardware in my servers and installing OMV 5. The root of the problem in my case was probably the conflict of assigned local IP addresses in my router. The problem was solved by restarting router prior to the installation.

• Can I make a suggestion that worked for me ( bear in mind this is new to me )

I found that keeping the network cable unplugged and the plugging it in during the DCHP configuration bypassed the problem and I was able to continue from there.

Thanks, this worked for me too!

• Same issue on OMV 6.0.30. Just hit Enter (to hit Cancel button) when it is configuring DHCP IPv6.

Instead of using the OMV iso, use the Debian netinstall method and then, run the script bypassing the network configuration:

installing_omv6_i386_32_bit_pc [omv-extras.org]

OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript: script that installs omv-extras and openmediavault if not installed already. (github.com)

Welcome to the forum

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!