No network interface displayed in System > Network > interfaces

• Hi All,
    I've been running OMV 5 for a few weeks, serving up content to my media player, configured with a Static IP address, but when I check System > Network > Interfaces in the Web Console, nothing is displayed.
    I get the same thing after clearing the cache and even tried a different browser.

I tried running omv-firstaid and re-applied the network settings, but when I was finished, it gave me the following error:

Configuring network interface. Please wait ...
    ERROR: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'http_status_code'

After the above error in the command line, the Web console said that there was a config change that needed to be applied, but when I tried that, I also got an error (I didnt note it unfortunately) and I ultimately reverted the changes.

I read somewhere that it may be safer to use DHCP and set up the router to assign the same address, but I wanted to get some input here first in case there may be other issues at play.

I want to set up Docker, but want to make sure I don't have something else wrong first.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

• I tried switching to dhcp using omv-firstaid and got the same command line error.

When I tried to apply the changes in the Web Console, I got the following error:

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run collectd 2>&1' with exit code '1': Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/sbin/omv-salt", line 136, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
    File "/usr/sbin/omv-salt", line 132, in main
    cli()
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 764, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 717, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 1137, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 1137, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 956, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 555, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
    File "/usr/sbin/omv-salt", line 119, in deploy_run
    mopts = salt.config.minion_config(__salt_minion_config_file)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/config/__init__.py", line 2453, in minion_config
    exit_on_config_errors=not ignore_config_errors))
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/config/__init__.py", line 2331, in include_config
    opts = _read_conf_file(fn_)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/config/__init__.py", line 2188, in _read_conf_file
    conf_opts = salt.utils.yaml.safe_load(conf_file) or {}
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/yamlloader.py", line 179, in safe_load
    return yaml.load(stream, Loader=Loader)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yaml/__init__.py", line 72, in load
    return loader.get_single_data()
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yaml/constructor.py", line 35, in get_single_data
    node = self.get_single_node()
    File "ext/_yaml.pyx", line 702, in _yaml.CParser.get_single_node
    File "ext/_yaml.pyx", line 903, in _yaml.CParser._parse_next_event
    File "ext/_yaml.pyx", line 912, in _yaml.input_handler
    File "/usr/lib/python3.7/codecs.py", line 322, in decode
    (result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xbd in position 0: invalid start byte in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/serviceabstract.inc(60): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(167): OMV\Engine\Module\ServiceAbstract->deploy()
    #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusTu...', '/tmp/bgoutputhr...')
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(189): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #8 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #12 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

I read somewhere that it may be safer to use DHCP and set up the router to assign the same address, but I wanted to get some input here first in case there may be other issues at play.

If you were missing the interface in the Web GUI, I'm guessing that you're using an SBC. If so, I'd do a DHCP lease reservation on the router. That's essentially the same thing as a static address set in OMV's GUI with the main difference being, most routers provide local name resolution (DNS) if their DHCP server issues an IP address. This would be best for SBC's with Dockers. Local DNS avoids a few potential issues.

If you want to set a static address, you can do it under System, Network, click on the Interfaces tab, click on the + Add button and select Ethernet from the pop down.

An Edit Ethernet Connection dialog box will pop up.
    The name of the interface will be pre-set.

Set IPv4, Method to Static, and edit the rest as needed, or set it to DHCP if you like. For SBC's it's best to use the GUI for networking (not omv-firstaid).

• Thanks for the reply. In my previous message (the last one before your reply) I tried switching to DHCP via the Web UI and got the error shown. I'm using an Arm 64 Nano Pi Neo2

• Offizieller Beitrag

How did you set a static ip initially? How did you install OMV 5.x?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I used the OMV 5 install instructions here: https://forum.openmediavault.o…OMV5-on-Debian-10-Buster/

To set the static IP I used armbian-config (I think), or I may have used omv-firstaid(I tried a bunch of things)

Rather than go down the rabbit hole of trying to figure it out, I'm thinking of starting from scratch with a clean install and leave it on DHCP with a permanent IP lease on my router. Im not doing anything besides a SMB share for now, so there isn't a lot to re-create, and it will be better when I start adding other things, like Docker..

• Offizieller Beitrag

The armbian utilities don't always do things that agree with OMV methods. I would use this guide to re-install - https://forum.openmediavault.o…-s-i386-32-bit-platforms/

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!