web interface 502 Bad Gateway until after logging in as root on console.

• first time Linux and OMV user here.
    just installed OMV 5.0.5 and the web interface viewed from a remote computer gets a 502 Bad Gateway nginx until you logon as root at the NAS console. then you can log off root, or stay logged on, it doesn't matter, the web interface works until reboot. then you have to logon as root at the NAS console again to get access.

if you reboot from the remote web interface, the NAS reboots and the web page says loading... loading... loading... (it has lost connection) and when you refresh the page you get kicked because your auth has expired.

I needed to use the NAS as a headless unit. can't login every time to allow me to work remotely. isn't this a configurational issue?

one thing that was different during install, was that the NAS doesn't have access to the internet so it couldn't download a few gigabytes of data from a Debian server, so it said you can continue but your installation will be lacking. I hope that didn't have anything to do with it because I could not get that to happen.

• Offizieller Beitrag

the NAS doesn't have access to the internet so it couldn't download a few gigabytes of data from a Debian server, so it said you can continue but your installation will be lacking

The "lacking" part of it refers to the Debian install. OMV is layered on top of Debian where the missing Debian packages may be essential to the operation of OMV. The best thing to do is install with a wired connection (carry the PC somewhere to make it happen). Load up Debain and OMV, and do all of the updates with the wired connection. This will insure that potential problems are patched.

With everything loaded, up to date and tested, then you can carry the PC to where ever you want to use it without an internet connection.

If the Debian install and OMV are not up to date, it might be difficult to figure out what's going on. Updates are applied to resolve odd issues, not unlike what you mentioned. Without the appropriate updates / patches applied, this might be an attempt to fix something that may already be fixed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!