Found a strange problem and solution tonight to a Migrated OMV 4.x to 5.x regarding the USB Backup Plugin...

• So I had been using OMV 4.x for about 18 months. I use OMV primarily as a backup server for all my systems.
    About a month ago I migrated the OMV NAS system from OMV 4.x to OMV 5.x. I've been updating the OMV 5.x system
    and using it without issue for the past month.

Today I backed up all my systems to the OMV 5.x NAS system without issue. What I normally do after this is use the OMV USB Backup plugin
    to backup all my backed up system images to an external Hard Disk. I have TWO external disks that I alternate keeping several months
    images on each drive. Today I took one of the external drives (Both are formatted NTFS) to do the USB Backup as I had been doing
    since running OMV 4.x. This was the first time I would be doing the USB Backup using OMV 5.x.

It kept getting a long error and would not mount the external drive. I removed the USB Plugin and reinstalled and rebooted several times
    trying to correct the problem. But the error remained that it would not mount the external drive (That I had been using fine under OMV 4.x).
    At this point I was worried that OMV 5.x would not mount the external drive because it was NTFS (Which had been working fine under OMV 4.x).
    So I took my other external drive and tested to see if it would mount that drive (Also formatted as NTFS). BANG!! It mounted the drive
    right away without issue. At this point I'm like "What the F***?)... Then I noticed the drive that would not mount had a LONG LABEL NAME...
    Something like "SeagateExternalBackupDrive "...The other drive just had a short name...So I renamed the troubled drive to a shorter name (In Windows 10)
    to "BackupDrv". I Then hooked the drive backup to the OMV NAS system and tried to mount. BANG!! The drive mounted right away and I am
    using the USB Backup Plugin right now as I type this...

Maybe you 'NIX" experts might know why this external drive which had worked fine under OMV 4.x with a long label name would not work under OMV 5.x with
    the USB Backup Plugin but as soon as I shortened the name that corrected the problem and the drive is now working fine under OMV 5.x with the USB Backup plugin...
    I have no idea.

Just thought I would pass this along for anybody else who might encounter this (Or if something needs to be corrected in OMV 5.x or the USB Backup Plugin).
    With the long DISK LABEL NAME it would not mount in either the USB Backup plugin or just mounting the drive itself under "File System" but as soon as I shortened the
    DRIVE Label Name it mounted the external drive without issue and is backing up to the external drive now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!