OpenVPN can't get it up

• Little but important question: Do you have a full public IPV4 address? Or a DSLite connection?

Is this picture what you're after? This is on my laptop. Is there a way to find it on the server?

Otherwise (found from a google search) When I type "host myip.opendns.com resolver1.opendns.com" I get the following:

Using domain server:
    Name: resolver1.opendns.com
    Address: 20*.**.***.***#53 (* are actual numbers)
    Aliases: (this is empty)

myip.opendns.com has address 216.***.***.*** (numbers here again)
    Host myip.opendns.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
    Host myip.opendns.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Is this the proper way to check for your question?

• If you want to know your public IP address,

Paste this into the shell:

Code
    dig +short myip.opendns.com @resolver1.opendns.com

Or visit this website in a browser:

Code
    http://checkip.dyndns.org/

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I got "dig command not found"
    the website tells me the public IP of my laptop, which I already know (that's what I put into the settings up above from the picture). Is that the same as my server? Is that what he was asking about for my IPv4 address?

My server IS accessible from outside of my network through Plex at least. I got that to work at my girlfriend's house on her Roku. I just need a way to directly access my files when I'm not at home.

Version: 7.0-32 (Sandworm)

Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-18-amd64

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von RUsum1 ()

• I got "dig command not found"

I just need a way to directly access my files when I'm not at home.

dig is included in the dnsutils package. Install that if you still want dig.

You need to be more specific about how you want to access your files.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Right now I can only see my server if I'm on the same network in my house. I want to be able to connect to my server from a friend's house or wherever I am away from home.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von RUsum1 ()

• Right now I can only see my server if I'm on the same network in my house. I want to be able to connect to my server from a friend's house or wherever I am away from home.

This does not tell me how you want to access the files, only that you do.

--

• This does not tell me how you want to access the files, only that you do.

Whatever way possible? I guess I'm confused by the question. Currently if I open THIS PC > NETWORK > OMVnas I can see all of my shared folders/files. I want to be able to do something similar to that. I only followed the guide that I linked above because it came up when I googled "how to remote access OMV". If there is another way that is easy and doesn't require OpenVPN then that's fine too.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!