Update System of/von 2015

• Moinsen and hello,

i installed in 2015 a NAS with OMV for my father in law. Now i think it´s time to upadte/upgrade the thing. My question is simple, can i prepair a complete installation on a USB stick here on my PC and when i travel next time to my father in law, install or copy or clone the whole thing on his system?

his system is running on a 120GB SSD an there is one (1) HDD conected. i thought i prepair a stick, visit him, shut his system down, unplug the HDD, unplug the SSD, take the SSD to another PC, clone the prepaired system from the stick to the SSD, replug the SSD, start the whole system, check if everything was going right, shut it down, replug the HDD and voila.
    Question: how do i get all the preferneces from the old on the new system?

ich habe 2015 meinem Schwiegervater ein NAS gebaut/installiert. Nun ist es Zeit das zu aktualisieren. Da er etwas weiter weg wohnt, wollte ich gerne das neue OMV vorab auf einen Stick packen und dann bei ihm per Copy oder Clonen das System installieren.

Installiert ist sein system auf einer 120GB SSD, angehängt ist eine (1) HDD. Ich dachte es mir folgendermaßen: ich breite den stick vor, besuche meinen schwiegervater, schalte das NAS aus, ziehe die SSD und die HDD ab, nehme die SSD mit zu einem PC, clone das system vom stick auf die SSD, stecke die SSD wieder an, starte das NAS, überprüfe ob alles funzt und schliese dann die HDD an.
    Frage: wie bekomme ich die Einstellungen, Nutzer usw von dem alten auf das neue System?

thanks for your time and help
    Danke für eure zeit und Hilfe

Matt

• Question: how do i get all the preferneces from the old on the new system?

The only way to do this is to configure it all by hand from scratch in the WebGUI. There is no way to transfer the settings and configuration from the old system to the new system.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!