OMV as KVM Vm won't shutdown

• Need a bit of help with OMV installed as a KVM guest. I'm noticing that the VM does not respond to power-off messages, even though acpid and pm-utils appear to be installed and acpid is running.

How do I get the VM to shutdown properly?

Thanks
    Eric

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried that now, but still no response to shutdown message from libvirt.

That is only half of the fix. You need to enable the guest agent for the VM.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the help. I ran the following...

apt install qemu-guest-agent
    systemctl start qemu-guest-agent

Rebooted, and I also verified that the GA is running (systemctl status qemu-guest-agent)

However, from the virt-manager gui, the guest won't respond to shutdown messages. I have to "force off".

What am I missing?
    Thanks again,
    Eric

• Offizieller Beitrag

What am I missing?

You have to enable the guest agent on the kvm side (not in the guest). On proxmox, it is just a checkbox to enable it. With libvirt, it looks like you need to add a line to the config file - https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Qemu_guest_agent

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Works also with OMV 5 (Debian 10) on Proxmox (KVM). I Think there is one Point Missing:

apt install qemu-guest-agent
    systemctl enable qemu-guest-agent
    systemctl start qemu-guest-agent

So the guest-agent will be restartet at the next reboot. Here th OMV works fine: Is rebooting called from Proxmox and it's shutting down called from Proxmox. So it is working fine while restarting the whole host.

VG - Fossi

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!