Broken apt config?

• Hi folks, I have OMV installed on top of Raspbian x86 running on a Compaq Presario CQ62. OS is on SDA on an ssd, with the shared volumes running on an internal WD RED as SDB. I'm on Debian Buster and for some reason when I did the install I had to add all of the repos for OMV 3 instead of 4 or 5. It's currently up and running pretty well, but I see this everytime I try to install software or upgrade OMV to current:

Code
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx", line 158, in <module>
        "md5sum": pkg.candidate.md5,
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/package.py", line 794, in md5
        return self._records.md5_hash
    SystemError: error return without exception set
    N: Ignoring file 'openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension

Can someone point me in the direction of how to solve this error as well as how to upgrade to OMV5? My motivation to update is I want to use this setup to do time machine backups through SMB. I'll be happy to post anything needed to solve.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why are you using Raspbian x86? If you want a custom install, you should install real Debian Buster and run the install script - https://forum.openmediavault.o…-s-i386-32-bit-platforms/

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Raspbian is useful with the combo of tools and minimal resource utilization. Since it runs Debian I see no reason to change. Its not running headless so I do have access to user privileges etc.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Raspbian is useful with the combo of tools and minimal resource utilization.

The only tools it has that Debian doesn't have are only usable by the RPi. So, this doesn't make sense.

Since it runs Debian I see no reason to change.

Why not use Debian then?

Its not running headless so I do have access to user privileges etc.

And there is another problem. We recommend not running OMV on a system with a desktop environment due to many conflicts.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• On your advice I installed OMV 5 from the ISO directly. Its up and running but I can't access the command line from the device itself. Every time I try to log in using admin/openmediavault the screen refreshes and goes back to login. Its on tty1 with an ethernet connection. I tried using SSH from a Mac instead and I can make the connection using a secondary user set I defined from the omv Gui, but for some reason it won't let me type execute directly from the machine.

• Every time I try to log in using admin/openmediavault the screen refreshes and goes back to login. Its on tty1 with an ethernet connection.

The admin user does not have shell access.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The shell is accessible via ssh or the console.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• wjr1995

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

How do I access the shell?

root using the password you setup during install OR the recommended way is to add a user from the OMV web interface with sudo privileges. I usually create a user with sudo and ssh access first. Then no need to use root again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!