New subdirectories not writeable

• I have SMB running. When accessing the shared directory -- guest access, no password -- I can create a new subdirectory. However, I run into problems.

It seems using either Windows or Linux to create a new subdirectory, the "Others" permission (when seen in ACL) is set to Read/Execute. Under Windows, this doesn't seem to have a problem, as I can use the subdirectory fine. However, under Linux, I can't write anything to the new subdirectory ... it gives me a "Permission Denied" error. I can read things in the subdirectory fine, but I can't write new files or create new subdirectories underneath.

Is there a way to fix this? I suppose one way would be to get OMV to set the "Others" permission to Read/Write/Execute by default for new subdirectory, but I can't figure out how to do that. I can do it manually in ACL, but that is a pain for every new subdirectory.

I'm still learning OMV, so thanks for your help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have "Inherit ACL's" and "Inherit Permissions" selected in your SMB setup?

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!