Help installing Pi-Hole & monolithic in OMV5 with portainer

• Hello All,
    I am trying to get pi-hole and monolithic running in OMV5 with portainer, but having hard time configuring it.

both are DNS catcher and rely on port 53. So i came across macvlan concept but all the guides i found were for OMV4 where docker plugin allows to create macvlan and create container.

Monolithic: https://hub.docker.com/r/lancachenet/monolithic
    Pi-Hole: https://hub.docker.com/r/pihole/pihole/

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von BozzArc () aus folgendem Grund: Leading video link to wrong way

• But then again pihole will be using host os port 53. The how I supposed to have another docker image for host os port 53?

also in the portainer-> create container->network i do not have option for selecting macvlan. How did you get that?

• Before I did try the same macvlan doc you sent me. But can not able to access pihole admin interface. Here i have attached all the screenshots.

OMV is running on port 80 and pihole need port 80 access, with below macvlan config it pihole is happy. From log i can see that it is not complaining about port 80. But again i can not ping macvlan ip which in my case 192.168.0.135

• Offizieller Beitrag

I spent a couple of days trying this on a Pi, when you select network just selecting the piholenet is sufficient you do not have to add an IPv4 address as you have used /32 within the macvlanconfig, that alone says it's a single IP address, also Enable manual container attachment was an option I did not enable.

The workaround in some other threads is to ping your workstation/laptop from within the pihole container, you log file appears to complete, it doesn't hang and it doesn't go in a loop, and it hasn't stopped.

• Weird thing happened. I setup the pihole and did not had any connection to it, i let run for a while. Then i had access through my cellphone to admin panel. But then my PC over ethernet can not access that. Waited 2-3 hrs more and then my PC has a access to. Now everything seems like working.

• I am using SBC (raspberry pi 4).
    Another thing I noticed, from pihole container ping gateway first and ping all other client IP address, then other client can access pihole web interface easily.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!