ASUS XG-C100C on OMV?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have no idea if that 10 GbE card will work with OMV. But you should be able to find out yourself.

OMV is built on top of Debian. Various versions of Debian for various versions of OMV.

Don't try to figure out if the card will work with OMV, instead figure out if the card will work with Debian. That should be easy to do with some googling. There are even Debian compability lists. If the card is not there, then you could use another card that is there.

Best is if the card is directly and fully supported, that is if the Linux kernel used in Debian will detect and use the card to the fullest without any extra hoops to jump. Typically that is only possible if the card use a chipset from some manufacturer that contributes to the Linux kernel. Or if the card is old enough to be in common use.

If you find sites detailing how to make the card work with Debian, that can be a very bad sign. That sort of information should not be necessary. It should just work. Plug it in. Install OMV(=Debian). Done. I did a quick search and seemed to find some of that kind of site for this card, but I didn't check closer. A bit worrying...

If the card will work properly with Debian, chances are better than good that it will work just fine with OMV.

• Yes I guess you are right. So what is the most commonly used 10GBe NIC for debian?

• Offizieller Beitrag

what is the most commonly used 10GBe NIC for debian?

My four cards at home are all Mellanox. At work, Emulex cards are about all we use on VMware and Linux.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Will these cards work right out of the box, or do I need to do some manual installing of drivers or such to be recognized?

Out of the box. I don't remember the last time I compiled a driver for hardware.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Out of the box. I don't remember the last time I compiled a driver for hardware.

Thank you for the info. Since I cannot get my hands on Mellanox, do you have any info on the Intel NICs, more specifically X550-T1 intel? Would that work right off the bat? I am looking into Base-T connection.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since I cannot get my hands on Mellanox

Mine came from ebay.

do you have any info on the Intel NICs, more specifically X550-T1 intel?

A review on Amazon says it worked with Debian without any extra work. I don't have one so I can't confirm. If you want to send me one, I will test it :)

• Mine came from ebay.

A review on Amazon says it worked with Debian without any extra work. I don't have one so I can't confirm. If you want to send me one, I will test it :)

Haha I like your sense of humor :). Anyway I am grateful for the info you provided

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!