Getting An Error When Creating A Raid. "devices: The value '"\/dev\/sda,\/dev\/sdb"' is not an array."

• I'm new to OMV and I know very little about setting up any NAS or server. I'm getting this error when I want to set up any level of Raid in OMV. I bought two new hard drives (Seagate ST16000VN001 IronWolf 16TB) for the setup. My OMV is on a PC. I only have the two hard drives that I want to run as Raid level Linear.

Any help is appreciated

The error says:

devices: The value '"\/dev\/sda,\/dev\/sdb"' is not an array.

details:

Error #0: OMV\Json\SchemaValidationException: devices: The value '"\/dev\/sda,\/dev\/sdb"' is not an array. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc:380 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(277): OMV\Json\Schema->validateArray('/dev/sda,/dev/s...', Array, 'devices') #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(627): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType('/dev/sda,/dev/s...', Array, 'devices') #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(395): OMV\Json\Schema->checkProperties(Object(stdClass), Array, '') #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(285): OMV\Json\Schema->validateObject(Object(stdClass), Array, '') #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(257): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType(Object(stdClass), Array, '') #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/paramsvalidator.inc(59): OMV\Json\Schema->validate(Object(stdClass)) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(179): OMV\Rpc\ParamsValidator->validate('{"name":"Data",...') #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/raidmgmt.inc(271): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, 'rpc.raidmgmt.cr...') #8 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\RaidMgmt->create(Array, Array) #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('create', Array, Array) #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('RaidMgmt', 'create', Array, Array, 1) #12 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm getting this error when I want to set up any level of Raid in OMV.

Why? as your first sentence says you have little or no experience of setting up a NAS or server.

Those are 2 BIG drives, setting up any sort of raid with that size drive would not be a good idea, a better use would be to use one for data and use the other for rsync or rsnapshot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If this is OMV 5.x, clear your browser cache.

• Why? as your first sentence says you have little or no experience of setting up a NAS or server.
    Those are 2 BIG drives, setting up any sort of raid with that size drive would not be a good idea, a better use would be to use one for data and use the other for rsync or rsnapshot.

I'll look into rsync and rsnapshot thanks! I'm excited to learning more about NAS and using OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'll look into rsync and rsnapshot thanks! I'm excited to learning more about NAS and using OMV.

:thumbup: because a Linear Raid would be like bending over, kissing your data goodbye whilst jumping out of a plane without a parachute :D although clearing your browser cache is a good start to that process.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!