All folders are read-only

• Okay, so I just got started with OMV (I'm on 5.0.5) and am a noob to the software.

Everything for the setup seemed to be going smoothly. I got OMV installed and I got Jellyfin set up. I had a LOT of problems along the way but managed to get through all of them.

Now I'm stuck with an issue that I don't even know how to begin fixing.

So, basically, as the title says, all the folders in my sharedfolder are read-only, and NOT because I set it up that way.

If I make a new folder - it instantly is turned into a read-only folder. I try to change the folder permissions to make it writable - it immediately changes the permissions back to read-only.

I don't know why, but it's a real problem.

I have it set up so that guests should be able to use it (shouldn't be an issue since I only plan on allowing LAN access to it), but I accessed it with my admin user account just in case that was the issue. Even when using it with my admin user account, it still turns all the folders into read-only folders.

The only way I can put something in a folder is to delete it and then re-create it. Otherwise, once a folder is created it is immediately turned into a read-only folder.

It's a problem since as it stand's I'd have to delete and then re-copy the entire contents of those folders just to add files to the server.

I'm completely lost as to how this can be. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how I can fix it?

• Edit, misunderstood..

It sounds like a service is turning the folder read only.. or is this happening to every single folder no matter what service.

I tried making a new folder, not set up with any service in the settings, and leaving it named "New folder". It was still turned into a read-only folder.

• That doesn't really matter, depending on how your services are mapped.

Can you post a pic of your jellyfin volume settings.

I was about to do as you said. I had turned off my server for the night because I wasn't using it at the time and turned it back on to do just that.

Then in an absolutely bizarre turn of events, it seems to be working fine now. Not sure what that particular reboot accomplished, but it must've done something since I can now move files freely on the data drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!