Share Folder will revert to read only after resetting permissions

• Hi Guys,

I have a weird one. I have a movie folder which is shared. Permissions set to everyone and works great. Have sonarr move completed downloads to this folder and works. But after a day or so, sometime a week, this folder will randomly lose its permissions and get set to read only.
    When I try reset the permissions with the resetperm plugin it will fail, then I reboot my OMV server, reset permissions again then it succeeds. Then the folders permissions will be fine for a couple of days then at random become read only again. This is super annoying and just cant figure out what would cause the folder to lose its permissions and become read only.

Any suggestions would be of great assistance,

Regards

• No. The docker base path you set OMV-Extras | Docker | Docker Storage.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you use folders stored under the docker base path (set in the docker gui in omv4) to store shared files, the docker system may/WILL change the permissions there.
    I noticed this when I experimented with placing various folders for docker. The solution I settled with was to have one shared folder for the docker base path and another for the various docker appdata.

Another possible cause of your problems is that you have two dockers using different UID and GID but both are sharing the same folders.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know what "none" translates to as a path. But I fear that it means that docker thinks it owns all your shares and is free to adjust the permissions everywhere. And that you now know what is causing your problems.

Here you can see what is inside my docker base path:

root@hc1:/sharedfolders/docker# ls
    builder containers network plugins swarm trust
    buildkit image overlay2 runtimes tmp volumes
    root@hc1:/sharedfolders/docker#

As you can see they are all in a shared folder called docker, that I created to use as docker base path.

Where are these folders on your system?

I also have a docker_cfg share that I use for app data.

• I don't know what "none" translates to as a path. But I fear that it means that docker thinks it owns all your shares and is free to adjust the permissions everywhere. And that you now know what is causing your problems.

"None" means use the default setting which is /var/lib/docker/

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• What I'm trying now is to set sonarr to change the permissions when it imports and renames the files to that share.
    Its just super weird that it will work for couple of days then out of the blue that share becomes read only. Sonarr is the only docker writing/moving files to this share so wondering if its related to sonarr messing the permissions up. When it becomes read only then reset permissions fails, as if the files are in a locked state, then after a restart reset perms succeeds and all is back to normal for couple of days

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!