Debian - Firmware Broadcom bnx2

• Hi,

I want to install OMV on a Dell PowerEdge R510 with Broadcom network cards.

Debian 9 and 10 does have problems with the Broadcom network cards.
    I tried the ISO which does already include the firmware files in /firmware.
    The network cards are detect from installer, but no network connection is possible.

Should the firmware get automatically loaded when booting the Debian or OMV installer, or do i still have to manually install the driver from the usb drive?
    How can i check what is going on with the network cards inside busybox?

Can i install OMV without internet connection?
    It seams the installer won't pass the archive mirror options without internet connection...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does a clean install of debian work? I am using proxmox (based on debian) on an r715 eith those nics. They worked fine without any attention. They have been around long enough the should be supported by debian out of the box.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What does lspci show. Mine shows.
    01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Limited NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 20)01:00.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Limited NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 20)02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Limited NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 20)
    Maybe they are different?

• From this R510 the network controller chipset is BCM5716 .
    The firmware for the BCM5716 not in the default installer kernel, but the firmware /firmware-bnx2) is available even in /firmware on the OVM installer.

Do i need manually install the firmware, or should the firmware automatically load and work?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!