Make SabNZBd use VPN-tunnel of haugene/transmission-openvpn?

• Hello folks!
    I managed to setup haugene/transmission-openvpn by the help of TechnoDadLife's video.
    In this video he says, that other docker containers can use the VPN tunnel of it. I would like to use SabNZBd to use ist. Somebody mentioned in the comments, that it is in the Docker / Networks tab...but I have no clue what to do there.

I'm sorry, all my not-much-at-all-knowledge about OMV I gathered from youtube-videos or tried to replicate from threads in this forum.

I'm thankful for any kind of hints!

Best regards,

Petey

• I could never type that directly into Omv. In the Cli it goes with the parameter
    -net=container:containervpn

for Sabnzbd like this
    docker run -d --name=sabnzbd_VPN \
    --restart=unless-stopped \
    --net=container:VPN \
    -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
    -v /sharedfolders/SABNZB_Download:/config \
    -v /sharedfolders/SABNZB_Download/complete:/downloads \
    -v /sharedfolders/SABNZB_Download/incomplete:/incomplete-downloads \
    -v /sharedfolders/Filme/filme:/Filme \
    -v /sharedfolders/Filme/movie:/Serien \
    -e TZ=Europe/Berlin \
    -e PGID=100 \
    -e PUID=1003 \
    linuxserver/sabnzbd

• I'm happy that it is somehow possible.
    My sabnzbd container is already configured and running without vpn since months and I have no idea how to work with the CLI.
    Is there a way to add the parameter you mentioned in the OMV gui?

• "--restart=unless-stopped \
    --net=container:VPN \
    -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
    -v /sharedfolders/SABNZB_Download:/config \
    -v /sharedfolders/SABNZB_Download/complete:/downloads \
    -v /sharedfolders/SABNZB_Download/incomplete:/incomplete-downloads \
    -v /sharedfolders/Filme/filme:/Filme \
    -v /sharedfolders/Filme/movie:/Serien \
    -e TZ=Europe/Berlin \
    -e PGID=100 \
    -e PUID=1003 \
    linuxserver/sabnzbd"

Do you know where I can find these parameters of my current sabnzbd docker? So, that I can see what I have to modify that it matches my folders etc..

• I just tried it with putty and made modifications to your sample, but:

Error response from daemon: No such container: VPN.

What went wrong?

EDIT: The new container shows up...but it's a data container. What does that mean? I can't use the webinterface like I used it with my regular sabnzbd-container with gui on port 8080?

• As an aside, most VPN providers offer a SOCKS5 proxy with their service. I run deluge using a SOCKS5 proxy rather than VPN. You can set it up in deluge Preferences | Proxy.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks for the hint, but I actually just want sabnzbd to use a vpn-client and that's basically all I want.
    (I don't need bittorrent in the first place.)
    Unfortunately I am not advanced enough to setup the sabnbdvpn container myself.

• Can you maybe be a little bit more specific regarding the ports? Do I have to change the parameters by "modify" when the transmission container is sropped or can I change them somewhere else, like in the webui of transmission?

Thank you very much for your help so far!

• You can Test this Transmission Container File

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!