Plex - Unable to connect to Media securely

• Hello all,

I installed plex last night and it was all running well. On connecting to the web interface today, I get this message:

Unable to connect to <my media> securely
    Its "Secure connections" setting may be set to disabled, or you may need to adjust some settings on your network.
    You can also allow insecure connections now, which will reload the app insecurely.

There are no options for "Secure Connections" in the web GUI that I can see.

Can anybody tell me what I need to do to fix this? I am connecting on my LAN, I have no need to connect to this outside of the LAN.

Thanks,
    Nick.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

omv 6.9.2-1 (Shaitan) | 64 bit | Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64 | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz | Dell PowerEdge R210 8GB RAM

• In the Plex UI Settings | Network | Secure connections select what you want there.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• In the Plex WebUI. You have to get into the settings. Click on the Wrench icon upper right.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You're in the wrong place. On the left side menu, go into Network.

--

• No idea what client app you are using mine does not look like that.

--

• Its the desktop one that is linked off of the settings tab in the Plex plugin on OMV.

Maybe I'll download one for the phone and see if that's any different...

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

omv 6.9.2-1 (Shaitan) | 64 bit | Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64 | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz | Dell PowerEdge R210 8GB RAM

• OK, so I downloaded the app for Mac and now I see what you mean.

To help any other misguided souls, I was using the Plex Web Client before. Its available by clicking the button on the settings page for the Plex Media Server plugin on OMV, (highlighted in the attached image).

I downloaded the app here.

Cheers,
    Nick.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!