HDD Will Not Mount After Booting Raspberry Pi 3

• Good morning everyone,

I'm pretty new to the whole Raspberry Pi scene, but I have understood enough to get OMV running and all that. I've been using a Seagate 250GB external USB hard drive and it has worked as intended for the last few weeks. Recently, I've noticed that the white LED on my HDD is blinking, indicating some kind of issue. I've gone into the "disks" section of OMV and scanned for devices, and it's just not able to pick this up. I feel like the drive isn't even in a state where it would be able to be picked up if there is a blinking indicator on the drive. I also have a flash drive that I've used with OMV and after connecting that again, the connection was made just fine and it was detected by OMV. Anyone run into this issue before and know what the resolution might be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm relatively new to Linux, but this has been a great learning experience. That being said, please keep the comments friendly. :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've noticed that the white LED on my HDD is blinking, indicating some kind of issue.

Have you checked the handbook of the drive what this white blinking LED means?

Other points to check:

• USB connection of the drive
    • power supply of the drive (is it external power supply?)
    • try to mount the USB drive on a Laptop/Destop with Linux to see if it is working (if you are using only Windows, you can boot a life distro like Linux Mint)
      If you are not able to mount it on the Laptop/Desktop the drive is most likely dead. Then you could try to remove it from the enclosure and connect it with a new USB to SATA connector to retrieve your data.
  • I haven't checked documentation of the drive, but I totally understand that it's more specific to the drive. That was my bad for not being specific and checking what that particular indicator might mean for the drive. I've installed OMV onto a Pi 4 and it seems like it works just fine with that. I had to setup the share again, but the drive was fine. I also had tested the drive with other device. While I wasn't able to read the data from the drive, I could feel the drive spin up and didn't hear any clicking or anything. I'm going to chalk it up to a power delivery issue, since it worked on another device with more power delivery. Thank you for your help! Your suggestions were very helpful.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!