OMV4 suddenly trys to boot from usb3 external disk

• Hi to you all!!!!
    My name is Kostas and i'm from Greece(new to the forum)... While i was enjoying out most of my OMV nas server v4X build on an sbc odroid xu4(gigabit Ethernet/2GB ddr3 ram/8core arm), suddenly when i try to reboot it, it just refuses to boot up...actually it doesn't even load the networking TCP/IP protocol....it is not just the web interface...
    I know this because it doesn't reply on my ping requests and also neither nmap(all ports closed/guest is not up) nor my router can find it on the dhcp list so i guess this happens because the software doesn't even load... I have OMV OS installed on an micro-SD card(not emmc and yes the switch is turned on for the SD card) and i use an external 2.5" HDD 2000GB with external power supply...everything was seem to be OK(couple of months running it) until now and i didn't experience this problem never before... If i remove the external HDD then the OS will boot up, all ports are open(ssh/web interface) and if i plugged in the external disk again and manually mount it everything is OK as nothing happened before(except from plex server that cannot find it's database path as i installed it on the external drive)...it's just that you need to unplug the drive every time you need to reboot it and that's not convenient at all for a remote/scheduled reboot.... It seems that tries to find the boot partition from the external drive...
    Excuse me if this needs to be posted on another thread as is my first time posting here!

Please tell me how and if i can verify the correct boot partition and how to alter the path if needed...
    looking forward for your answers...
    :)

I'm surviving just pressing keycaps... 🤔weird ...!?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, I can't help you with your problem. But OMV in general is based on Debian. As you are using an Odroid xu4 it is based on Armbian which is Debian adapted for ARM boards. I propose you ask your question also in in Armbian forum.
    https://forum.armbian.com/

My guess would be that it is related to the power usage of the USB drive. Did you change anything? Different power supply, different cable?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!