Cannot Restart FTP Server

• I added a new directory to my FTP server configuration, but it is not displaying when I log in even though the permissions are set properly. I thought I might be able to fix this by stopping and restarting the proftpd service, but I seem to have a strange issue with being unable to actually stop the service. When I disable FTP through the web UI, I can still log in to the FTP server. I also tried service proftpd stop but was still able to log in. What can I do about this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I don't use ftp, I know proftp it is still using an init script instead of systemd unit file. Try: sudo /etc/init.d/proftpd force-stop

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you are determining that it is still running by the services green indicator then that is deceiving. /etc/init.d/proftpd status is the most accurate method or grep the output of ps.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

It still shows as running using these two commands as well. It's the unkillable service.

I can't replicate this at all. I am able to start and stop it with systemctl and /etc/init.d/

• I can't replicate this at all. I am able to start and stop it with systemctl and /etc/init.d/

Here's what I see:

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I'm considering doing a good old kill -KILL <pid>, but at the same time, I am not sure that's a good idea.

Update: I decided to give it a shot and used `kill` as I mentioned above. It worked.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!