Can't extract (restore) Borg Backup

• Hi,

I have a Raspberry 4, OMV (5.321 beta - btw, why does the beta get pushed onto the user when I do the wget install via that raspberry-install-script thing?) and two 8 TB external drives. One drive, the day-to-day NAS one, is encrypted and I want to mirror/backup it regularly to the other one. So I setup the borg backup which happily backed up some test files. But when I want to extract the backup, as would be the case after a disk failure, the gui throws an error:
    Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information.

Error #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:187Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('BorgBackup', 'extractArchive', Array, Array, 3)#1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#2 {main}

The syslog says:

Code
    23 10:13:31 vault monit[1125]: Filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-vault' not mounted
    Feb 23 10:13:31 vault monit[1125]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-vault' unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-vault' state
    Feb 23 10:13:31 vault monit[1125]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-vault' trying to restart
    Feb 23 10:13:31 vault monit[1125]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-vault' status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-vault is not a mountpoint

What did I do wrong? ?( Please help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

tw, why does the beta get pushed onto the user when I do the wget install via that raspberry-install-script thing?

Pushed onto you? You always get OMV 5 if you use the Raspbian Buster Lite image. OMV 4.x does not work on Raspbian Buster. That said, OMV 5 is more like a release candidate in my opinion and it is recommended for the RPi4.

As for the borg problem, I can't tell from the output what is happening other than it seems the data drive is not mounted.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• As for the borg problem, I can't tell from the output what is happening other than it seems the data drive is not mounted.

Thanks for the info on the RPi 4 thing, I thought I might have accidentaly gotten a buggy beta :)

The drives are all mounted. Could it be that the drive is mounted in the sharedfolders dir instead of the expected disk-by-label folder?

• As it may relate to the problem, I got the same error when I removed the external mount plugin.
    Error #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:187Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Exec', 'getOutput', Array, Array, 3)#1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#2 {main}

Here is the most recent syslog

Funny enough, there are more errors like this popping up. When I delete the Borg Archive, it says:

Failed to execute XPath query '//services/borgbackup/repos/repo[uuid='34ac08da-5672-4b53-aeb9-bb8d8031b904']'.

Code
    OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '//services/borgbackup/repos/repo[uuid='34ac08da-5672-4b53-aeb9-bb8d8031b904']'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/borgbackup.inc(315): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.bo...', '34ac08da-5672-4...')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceBorgBackup->getArchiveList(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getArchiveList', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('BorgBackup', 'getArchiveList', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Even switching to the BorgBackup settings gives that error above.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have you rebooted your system? There seems to be an issue with omv-engined.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I tried, installed the borgbackup again and it failed again. Invalid RPC response.
    Do I have to mount the backup before I extract it? Mounting did work, but it gives me the chunks of files, not the backed up originals.

Here's the error:

Error #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:187Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('BorgBackup', 'extractArchive', Array, Array, 3)#1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#2 {main}

Even the forum software throws an error when I post. Must be bad karma or something:
    Exception ID: 9d5f61bdc10eb3e5f06d4c63d01f8f6a9f46089a

• Offizieller Beitrag

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function sprint() in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/borgbackup.inc:576

There was a typo in the code. 5.0.5 in the repo now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Even the forum software throws an error when I post. Must be bad karma or something:
    Exception ID: 9d5f61bdc10eb3e5f06d4c63d01f8f6a9f46089a

Read problem #4 https://forum.openmediavault.o…tions-to-common-problems/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!