I lost connection to the NAS just from one PC

• Hello to everyone.

Basicly the other day I disconnect the openmediavault server to disconnect the external drive that is configured as a NAS, and when I pluged it again I find that my main PC can't map the network drive.

I tried with 2 smartphones and a laptop and no problems, but the main PC cant connect to a network drive and it says "network error" but nothing changes in the network so I don't know where can be the problem.

BTW the lapton couldn't connect at the begining so I tried to connect via VPN and it fix the connection. I tried the same with the main PC but nothing happens.

(As you can see English is not my first language, so be patient please :) )

• Offizieller Beitrag

So you can connect using a phone and a laptop, but not using a PC?

Does that mean that connection over wifi is OK but using a cable and ethernet is not?

If so, then it seems that it is indeed something wrong with the network. At least the cabled bit.

Make sure that you have DHCP correctly setup on the router. And naturally that the cables are connected properly. If you use fixed ip anywhere that it is in the right range.

• The network is ok. Nothing changed before and after I disconnected the nas and I can ping with the PC to the OMV server.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No one else can help me? :(

You say the network is OK. Then I am unable to help you.

I suspected that there were problems in the network, for instance the OMV NAS and the PC having been assigned the same IP or are working on different networks.

But since the network is OK, then that is not possible. Then something else must be the problem. I have no idea what.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    • Log in to your router and see what connected devices show up and see what ip addresses the router has assigned to them.
    • Check your Ethernet cables. One or more may be bad.
    • Do you have WiFi in your pc? Disconnect your Ethernet from it and see if it works on WiFi.
    • Ditto on the server. If it has WiFi try it without Ethernet.
    • Restart everything: server, pc, and router.
  • do you try obiosly remedies like reset both and try again, and try to connect by Ip or by name?

Hello and yes, I did that.

• Log in to your router and see what connected devices show up and see what ip addresses the router has assigned to them.
    • Check your Ethernet cables. One or more may be bad.
    • Do you have WiFi in your pc? Disconnect your Ethernet from it and see if it works on WiFi.
    • Ditto on the server. If it has WiFi try it without Ethernet.
    • Restart everything: server, pc, and router.

1. My PC has a reserved ip on the DHCP server so no else can have that IP. The OMV server has a static IP.
    2. The cables are fine, as I say I can ping without no problem, and it was working 1 day before and no changes has been done, just switch off the server and switch it on.
    3. Nope
    4. Nope
    5. Done some times and the result is always the same.

Anyway, thanks for your time :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry. :(

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Hello, I have similiar problem (post in SMB).
    When you try to enter \\IP it connects?
    Like this?

I want to know if you have the same problem.

OMV 5 + Odroid H2 + IronWolf 4TB RAID 1 + NVME 128GB SSD

• Well this evening I tried to restore a backup of the OMV and the result was the same. Finally I decided to format the disk and reinstall Windows and the problem has gone, now it connect without any problem.

This topic can be closed, and thanks to everyone to try to find a solution.

• Hello, I have similiar problem (post in SMB).
    When you try to enter \\IP it connects?
    Like this?
    8f66548f44d410d7f45d6a8802178052.png

I want to know if you have the same problem.

I am having the same phenomenon (after a warranty exchange of my router). If I enter the address manually like in your pic, everything is fine.

Nevertheless the mapped network drives in Win Explorer keep getting disconnected without any pattern behind it...

• Check this:

- Did you map the drives by name instead by IP before?

- Does you new router provide the correct IP for tah name?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!