Copying fromexternal drive to ovm share

• Hi...I want to copy around 200Gb from an external drive to a share, which is also on a USB external drive. When I try to copy I get an error that I don't have permissions on the receiving drive. I would like to know how to set these permissions to copy from the attached drive or even from the network. I tried everything I could think of but didn't want to make a big mistake which is why I need to copy the 200Gb. I made the external drive's folder into a share thinking I could copy from there to the OVM share...but no luck. Help!! Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Use sudo to copy the files as root. Then the plugin resetperms to fix the permissions after.

The files in a share are all owned by root.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• When I try to copy I get an error that I don't have permissions on the receiving drive.

How did you do this?

I made the external drive's folder into a share thinking I could copy from there to the OVM share...but no luck.

This should work with the remote mount plugin.
    Or connect the drive to a different PC and copy the data via the OMV SMB/CIFS share. It will take longer as if the drive is directly connected to the OMV PC. But then you don´t have to deal with any permissions after.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!