Transcode Folder SSD

• While watching the instructional by TDL here > Install Plex with Portainers at timeline 4:30 he mentions not having an SSD for the transcode folder. My OMV5 install is using a 120GB Kingston SSD. Would it be [acceptable] or would it be [ill advised] for me to place the transcode folder on that same SSD?

If it were to be acceptable how do I make a folder for it on the OMV5 OS drive?

Thanks, Kai :thumbup:

Current OMV5.3.4-1 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: ASRock AB350Pro4 Mobo, AMD A8-9600 Bristol Ridge Quad-Core 3.1 GHz, 16GB Ram, Kingston A400 120GB SSD, WD Blue 4TB HDD

Backup OMV5 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (always latest build) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 8GB ram; OMV 5.0-amd64 Linux Debian running virtual via VirtualBox v5.2.22
    DATA Backup - Two sets of identical backups using GoodSync 1-way backup onto 2 external drives.

• It doesn't matter where the PMS Transcode folder is. There is no advantage to having it on an SSD either. And by default OMV will not offer the system drive as a user data storage location.

You're better off just putting it in the same place as the PMS metadata directory is which is the default.

But if you insist on doing this, just create the folder in the shell and adjust its ownership and permissions such that PMS can use it. You'll have to create an appropriate Bind mount in the docker setup for it and configure PMS to use the now non default location.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• It doesn't matter where the PMS Transcode folder is. There is no advantage to having it on an SSD either. And by default OMV will not offer the system drive as a user data storage location.

You're better off just putting it in the same place as the PMS metadata directory is which is the default.

But if you insist on doing this, just create the folder in the shell and adjust its ownership and permissions such that PMS can use it. You'll have to create an appropriate Bind mount in the docker setup for it and configure PMS to use the now non default location.

Everything you suggested in first two lines is good enough for me. Best to not complicate things. Thanks gderf

Thanks, Kai :thumbup:

Current OMV5.3.4-1 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: ASRock AB350Pro4 Mobo, AMD A8-9600 Bristol Ridge Quad-Core 3.1 GHz, 16GB Ram, Kingston A400 120GB SSD, WD Blue 4TB HDD

Backup OMV5 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (always latest build) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 8GB ram; OMV 5.0-amd64 Linux Debian running virtual via VirtualBox v5.2.22
    DATA Backup - Two sets of identical backups using GoodSync 1-way backup onto 2 external drives.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!