NTFS Drives are mounted but can't create folders

• Hello all,

I've just installed OMV5 on my system. I have a boot SSD and 4 hard drives. 2 of those drives (250GB each) were empty and have been formatted with ext4 and are working swimmingly. 2 of my drives are NTFS drives with about 1.6TB of data on each (movies and shows for plex). I know that the recommendation is to buy a new drive, move the stuff over, and reformat to ext4. I will do that in the future.

But for now, When I attempt to mount the NTFS drives through the web interface I get a long error message. I was able to mount the drives via the command line, but I can't create shared folders or interact with the present folders on the NTFS drives from the web interface. The only drives that show up in the dropdown menus are the ext4 drives.

I've edited the drive permissions so they are the same as the ext4 drives. I can read and write info to the NTFS drives from the command line. Is there any way to get the web interface to play nice with them? I've attached an image of the mount error I get.

PS: I did create an OMV5 VM last week to test out adding a Windows-created NTFS drive (created some virtual hard disks) with data to an OMV install and I didn't have any issues.

• Do you have a space in the label name of the drives? In the past there were issues with such NTFS drives.

It is not recommended to mount drives manually by the CLI, because this mount is then not contained in the configuration database of OMV. Therefore you can´t create any shares and so on over the WebUI.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Do you have a space in the label name of the drives? In the past there were issues with such NTFS drives.

It is not recommended to mount drives manually by the CLI, because this mount is then not contained in the configuration database of OMV. Therefore you can´t create any shares and so on over the WebUI.

I think the problem was a space in the disk labels. Through renaming those and some combination of unmounting and removing a mount point, I was able to get 1/2 of them fully working. Still banging my head against the other one.

Edit: I've now gotten the other drive to mount properly as well.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!