the contents of the shared folders do not match what I see from Windows

• A shared folder named foo should be accessible via /sharedfolders/foo because the shared folder name is globally unique (regardless of on which volume the shared folder is located).

Therefore, why to me it is not so? what can i do to fix?

• so, clearly /sharedfolders/service/ is NOT the same as /srv/dev-disk-by-label-dati/service/

Why do you think it should be the same ?

In /sharedfolders/service/ I expect to find the same thing that I find by accessing shared folders from windows.
    Currently this does not happen!

@votdev

Code
    root@omv:~# systemctl cat sharedfolders-service.mount
    No files found for sharedfolders-service.mount.
    root@omv:~#
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Please post the output of mount. But if there is no sharedfolders-service.mount unit file, then systemd does not mount the /srv/foo directory to /sharedfolders/foo. In that case /sharedfolders/foo simply contains something else. Maybe a rsync job or a other service that is still using /sharedfolders/foo has copied it into the root file system.

Because this feature makes so many troubles it has been diabled in the latest version.

• Please post the output of mount. But if there is no sharedfolders-service.mount unit file, then systemd does not mount the /srv/foo directory to /sharedfolders/foo. In that case /sharedfolders/foo simply contains something else. Maybe a rsync job or a other service that is still using /sharedfolders/foo has copied it into the root file system.

Because this feature makes so many troubles it has been diabled in the latest version.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do not see any bind-mount for /sharedfolders/service, so the files you see in this directory do not reflect the current state of /srv/<xxxxxx>/service.

• * Disable the '/sharedfolder/<xyz>' feature by default on new installations..

But I remember starting from an omv 5.0.5 installation.
    However, for me this is not a problem. The important thing is to be aware that everything is working properly.
    Now I know for the shared folders I will have to refer to the new path /srv/dev-disk-by-label-dati

But why dev-disk-by-label-dati?
    Where dati is the label of the filesystem where shared folders reside.
    I was expecting something shorter..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!