the contents of the shared folders do not match what I see from Windows

• From PuTTY I can't see the current contents of shared folders.

Going in detail, the contents of the shared folders do not match what I see from Windows.

https://imgur.com/a/sOIDyjg

The files I create from PuTTY, I only see them from PuTTY.
    The files I create from Windows, I only see them from Windows.
    This happens with all shared folders.

• Different user accounts?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• no, you can use any user, not only root.

PD:You need to configure user in OMV WebGUI to use a shell and be part of admin/sudoers ; eg:sh

and in your case perhaps shared folder in OMVWebGUI do not point where you want, please post a screen capture like this:

• The paths are most likely not what you are expecting.

You could try in Putty to locate the files to see what the exact paths really are :

#find / -name coder (as per your putty screenshot)
    and
    #find / -name siti.html (as per your Win Explorer screenshot)

• The paths are most likely not what you are expecting.

You could try in Putty to locate the files to see what the exact paths really are :

#find / -name coder (as per your putty screenshot)
    and
    #find / -name siti.html (as per your Win Explorer screenshot)

• humm... you seem to have siti.html in 3 different places ? Is that what you would be expecting ?

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-dati/2afm/siti.html
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-dati/service/siti.html
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-dati/2btur/siti.html

Lets us suppose that /srv/dev-disk-by-label-dati/service/siti.html is the file that you were talking about in your OP.
    This is clearly a different path than what your share is indicating.

The shared folder is shown to us via the location of index.php.old : /sharedfolders/service/index.php.old

• what is the output of #ls -lha /sharedfolders ?

also, what is the output of #ls -lha /salvatori/service ? <-- this is the folder that you are sharing
    sorry, that was wrong - i got confused by the screenshot.

• what is the output of #ls -lha /sharedfolders ?

• what user do you use to log in in windows to the services shared folder?

is the same that use to login in the folder that contains the libreoffice...msi ???
    in what folder is saved the libreoffice...msi file?

• Time to find out _exactly_ what SMB is sharing,
    please post output of :
    # cat /etc/samba/smb.conf | grep -B 2 "path"

• @Tii

Code
    root@omv:~# ls -lha /srv/dev-disk-by-label-dati/service/
    totale 341M
    drwxrws---   2 root      users 4,0K feb 24 10:40  .
    drwxr-xr-x  18 root      root  4,0K feb 24 17:34  ..
    -rw-rw-r--   1 cantalupo users 897K feb 19 08:02 'Dispensa diritto del lavoro.pdf'
    -rw-rw-r--   1 cantalupo users 340M feb 11 08:11  LibreOffice_6.4.0_Win_x64.msi
    -rw-rw-r--+  1 cantalupo users  235 feb 24 09:57 'Simulazione 4 INVALSI 2019 inglese 5^ superiore - Reading.url'
    -rw-rw-r--   1 cantalupo users  122 feb 24 10:46  siti.html
    root@omv:~#
    • Offizieller Beitrag

so, clearly /sharedfolders/service/ is NOT the same as /srv/dev-disk-by-label-dati/service/

Why do you think it should be the same ?

A shared folder named foo should be accessible via /sharedfolders/foo because the shared folder name is globally unique (regardless of on which volume the shared folder is located).

To enlight this issue we need to have the output of systemctl cat sharedfolders-service.mount.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!