Cannot Delete Shared Folders

• I have noticed that I cannot delete any of my shared folders. The [Delete] button is remaining grayed out for all the shared folders. One folder in particular is fooling me - I have deleted a folder in SMB shares but now cannot delete in Shared Folders. The strange thing is that the folder is showing as referenced [Yes] after having been deleted in SMB.

Thanks, Kai :thumbup:

Current OMV5.3.4-1 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: ASRock AB350Pro4 Mobo, AMD A8-9600 Bristol Ridge Quad-Core 3.1 GHz, 16GB Ram, Kingston A400 120GB SSD, WD Blue 4TB HDD

Backup OMV5 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (always latest build) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 8GB ram; OMV 5.0-amd64 Linux Debian running virtual via VirtualBox v5.2.22
    DATA Backup - Two sets of identical backups using GoodSync 1-way backup onto 2 external drives.

• Just install the "openmediavault-resetperms" plugin, this will add two tabs to the shared folders section,
    "Reset Permissions" and (more important) "Shared folder in use"
    Here you can see which shared folder is in use by which service.

Cheers,
    Thomas

• This is an indication that the share IS still referenced in the database. One reason is that a uninstalled plugin didn't cleanup the database.

Thank you for replying. Any assumption as to which uninstalled plugin? If you provide an answer should I then install that particular plugin.

Current OMV5.3.4-1 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: ASRock AB350Pro4 Mobo, AMD A8-9600 Bristol Ridge Quad-Core 3.1 GHz, 16GB Ram, Kingston A400 120GB SSD, WD Blue 4TB HDD

Backup OMV5 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (always latest build) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 8GB ram; OMV 5.0-amd64 Linux Debian running virtual via VirtualBox v5.2.22
    DATA Backup - Two sets of identical backups using GoodSync 1-way backup onto 2 external drives.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any assumption as to which uninstalled plugin? If you provide an answer should I then install that particular plugin.

He was just listed ONE thing that COULD cause it. There are many things that could. Removing a plugin instead of purging it could cause this (the web interface purges) What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• He was just listed ONE thing that COULD cause it. There are many things that could. Removing a plugin instead of purging it could cause this (the web interface purges) What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

Thanks for replying ryecoaaron. It has been a trying/difficult enough day that I decided to just reinstall OMV5. I wasn't far enough along anyway to have wasted a lot of time. This is all in prep to get Plex installed via Portainer and up and running. Kept doing little things wrong so just decided to start over with a clean slate rather than do patch work and investigating.

• Notice the below picture. I cannot understand why the Z_Backups folder is showing referenced. I have reset perms on it a few times but evidently nothing is holding.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I cannot understand why the Z_Backups folder is showing referenced. I have reset perms on it a few times but evidently nothing is holding.

Reset perms has nothing to do with OMV. It resets the filesystem permissions. You have the Z_Backups folder set as the reset perms folder (that is what it is telling you). Set the folder to none in the reset perms tab.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Thanks for this. In case this helps anyone else...

It was not clear to me at the time that in Services > Reset Permissions (available after you install the Reset Permissions plugin) that I had to select the folder I wanted to delete in the Shared Folders In Use tab and then switch to the Reset Perms > Reset Permissions tab and set Shared Folder to None. Then Rest Permissions, then Save and then I could delete the folder from Storage > Share Folders.

ryecoaaron - really appreciate the tremendous amount of help you provide to people like me who are not Linux literate.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for this. In case this helps anyone else...

It was not clear to me at the time that in Services > Reset Permissions (available after you install the Reset Permissions plugin) that I had to select the folder I wanted to delete in the Shared Folders In Use tab and then switch to the Reset Perms > Reset Permissions tab and set Shared Folder to None. Then Rest Permissions, then Save and then I could delete the folder from Storage > Share Folders.

ryecoaaron - really appreciate the tremendous amount of help you provide to people like me who are not Linux literate.

Yeah, that is a little weird... If there is a folder listed in that drop down, it's listed as "in use".. despite not being on any other services. I've ran into that a time or two. Now if I use it, I just always make sure I set it back to "None" when I"m done.

• Offizieller Beitrag

it's listed as "in use".. despite not being on any other services

Technically it is in use because it is referenced in the database. Unfortunately, I have to store it in the database with the current way the reset perms script runs. I guess I could set it back to none after you reset the perms but that would be weird visually because you wouldn't be able to see what sharedfolder you just reset.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Technically it is in use because it is referenced in the database. Unfortunately, I have to store it in the database with the current way the reset perms script runs. I guess I could set it back to none after you reset the perms but that would be weird visually because you wouldn't be able to see what sharedfolder you just reset.

oh once I thought about it, it made sense why it happens. Wasn't suggesting a bad design. The resetting to None... I I like that idea but I wouldn't go to great lengths on it unless you think you need to.

I was just saying that had bit me a couple times as well when deleting shares.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!