First installation runs into inaccessible system

• Hello guys,

i actually tried to install OMV on top of a fresh raspbian installation in a headless way. After OMV installtion the raspbian ip is not acessible by ssh anymore.
    I figured out a new ip address for the system which is accessible by ssh and http. Unfortunately the admin web login runs into the foloowing error:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    And I'm getting "Access denied" by login via ssh trials.
    How can I get access to system back?
    Regards
    Baerbel

• Offizieller Beitrag

i actually tried to install OMV on top of a fresh raspbian installation in a headless way.

Is this on OMV4 as your title suggests? Have you use Raspbian Lite Stretch? using the desktop Raspbian will cause problems. How did you install OMV? there is a guide here whilst this is initially for OMV5 the same procedure can be used for 4 using Raspbian Lite Stretch.

• The image I used for raspbian was
    2020-02-13-raspbian-buster-lite.img
    The version of OMV is not able to examine on this restricted access level. Could be 5.0 as well.
    I used a german installation guide from heise.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I used a german installation guide from heise.

That German guide appears to be the same as the one in the guides section and it works! So it could either be an issue with the SD Card or network connection as the way to obtain the Pi's IP address is via your router.

I figured out a new ip address for the system which is accessible by ssh and http

?( there is no 'figuring out' your router will issue an IP to the Pi if the Pi is connected to Ethernet.

This is obviously a clean install so the option would be to try again, what version of the RPi are you using? Pi4, Pi3

• Maybe its a misunderstanding. I figured out a new IP assignment by the router. The IP was different from the first one for the plain raspbian installation.

And i "figured out" also the reason for the OMV WebIF error message stated in the first post. The root filesystem was mounted read only. ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!