Raid1 one Hard-Drive removed

• OMV:5.3.2-1
    Raspberry pi 4 with 4GB

Hallo ich bin neu hier und habe seit ein paar Tagen ein Raid1 am laufen, mit zwei USB-Festplatten.

Nun ist leider eine ausgegangen (Aus Knopf) und habe sie dann wieder eingeschaltet, leider fehlt sie nun im Raid System und ich bekomme sie nicht mehr mit rein.

kann mir einer helfen wie ich das wieder hinbekomme ohne das ich alles erneut wieder installieren muss.

Googleübersetzer:
    Hello, I'm new here and I've had a Raid1 running for two days, with two USB hard drives.

Now unfortunately one went out (off button) and then turned it back on, unfortunately it is now missing in the raid system and I can no longer get it in.

can someone help me how I can get it back without having to reinstall everything.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, even though you can't create a raid array from the OMV web interface and there are many, many posts telling you not to use raid with usb drives and RPis, you did it anyway? And now, the exact reason we tell people not to use raid on them is happening. There are lots of posts telling you how to force re-assemble the array. If you get it working, please don't continue to use raid.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• can someone help me how I can get it back without having to reinstall everything.

Schau dir bitte mal diesen Thread hier an: Festplatte nur noch read only
    Dort ist beschrieben, wie man es prinzipiell macht. Und wenn es wieder läuft, dann nimm´ dir bitte den Rat von ryecoaaron zu Herzen :)

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

can you mirror the hard drives with OMV without raid?

Rsync is built right into OMV.
    Go to Scheduled Jobs —> add —> use this command: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/
    SOURCE=the name of your main data disk
    DESTINATION=the name of your backup drive
    Be careful. Don’t get them backwards.
    you can set up times so that it will run automatically every day, week, or whatever, or you can leave it off and run it manually. you can also leave the --delete command out if you’re not concerned about files existing on the back up disk that are not still on the source disc.

there is a great guide in the guides section of the forum that explains mirror back ups in a little bit more detail. Go get that and read it. Tons of good information there. It’s called something like getting started.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Now unfortunately one went out (off button) and then turned it back on, unfortunately it is now missing in the raid system and I can no longer get it in.

That's the downside to using USB, just because the drive has been turned back on will not bring the raid back, with both drives on have you tried rebooting the Pi?

or rather a USB hardware raid like this:

Those items are designed for Windows, any Linux distro including OMV will see two drives.

As others have mentioned USB drives are best utilised using rsync as this can be run overnight.

• Those items are designed for Windows, any Linux distro including OMV will see two drives.

If the hardware raid functionality is disabled, could it be a reasonable solution for two disks, used seperately as master and backup disk?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

could it be a reasonable solution for two disks, used seperately as master and backup disk?

Yes it could, in fact I followed the link, available in Germany not in the UK :D

Personally I like the 'idea' of them as it allows you to have 2, 4, 6 drives in one case with one power supply, rather than x number of drives connected separately using individual power supplies. Would I trust this on a Pi -> No, especially with 3.5" drives. But on those it's not that the Raid functionality is disabled OMV simply doesn't recognise it as a hardware raid controller + if OMV did, you would see the two drives as one with no software to monitor the condition of the drives.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!