[RESOLVED] Install OMV 5.x on Acer EasyStore H340

• Thanks to all for the great product and information. I am a Linux newbie but have good experience with WINTEL and networking. I have successfully installed OMV5.x onto a HDD via my PC. It boots fine and I can access it via another PC/WebAdmin, as well as login local as root, when installed in that PC. I have also connected via SSH/Putty as root. So, in my small mind the install was successful to the HDD. As for my H340 woes, I install the disk into the system slot (lowest) and reboot the H340 (all other H340 trays are removed). I hear the disk chugging away, the disk LED flashes for a bit, and I wait about 5 mins. I can not connect any which way the device (which I've named VAULT)... no joy with SSH or Webadmin. I'm wondering if there are DHCP/NIC issues since I assume that the network driver for the PC where I installed successfully is different than the H340 NIC. I know that a few folks have OMV running successfully on an H340, so any insight that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jaha444 ()

• Problem solved, dug up a hardware thread that told me to:
    delete /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules on working PC, then re-install disk into headless H340. Wait 5 minutes, and voila, joy!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!