[RESOLVED] Seem to have lost SSH access.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did a few updates Sunday, and now I cannot SSH(.4.38). I can log into the webUI just fine, however I've lost SSH access. It was working fine pre-update (as that was how I ran the updates. Then yesterday I noticed I no longer had SSH after starting my NAS that morning. I keep getting that my password is incorrect... and nobody has had access to change it.

Before the obvious is asked.
    1. Yes the password is absolutely correct.
    2. I haven't drug a display out to try logging in locally yet, as if I end up going that far, I'll probably just install .5 on Wed.

Any suggestions on what may have happened?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hard to say what happened. Maybe something in the logs? Does disabling ssh and re-enabling it fix the problem? I know that doesn't answer the question but I can't think of anything that would cause ssh not to work. Can you post your /etc/ssh/sshd_config?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Did you remove the checkmark that permits root login? Then you can't login via root directly.

You could try to add another user via the webinterface. Set the group to the ssh group and chage shell to bash. Then try to login with that user via ssh. If that works you can change to the root user with a simply 'su'.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, I have no explanation, but it seems to be working fine now. I must have tried to log in as root 50 times, and stopped/started the service 10-15x, even restarted the NAS via the webUI a few times. I tried to log in as root, it failed. I created a user as suggested, and was able to ssh as that user and then change to root. So I exited the SSH session, and tried to ssh back in as root, and now it's working.

Go figure. Oh well, I'm still gonna install .5 tomorrow as I want to use the owncloud plugin. I just thought one of those updates I ran Sunday might have bricked SSH. This one will just go in the unsolved mysteries box.. :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Very strange. Anything in /var/log/auth.log?

I would setup a VM with OMV 0.5 and the owncloud plugin beforehand...

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!