PVR Support in OpenMediaVault

• I have started this thread because that are few users out there including myself that would like PVR support in OpenMediaVault.
    It would be a backend server and linux based. That leaves us with two projects

-Tvheadend https://tvheadend.org/
    -VDR http://www.tvdr.de/

As for the hardware it would be any dvb sat card and even hdhomerun via the dvbhdhomerun driver http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/dvbhdhomerun/

This backend would have to be stable and allow EPG support via http://www.schedulesdirect.org/ (US/CAN). For others they would use EPG in the ofrm of XMLTV.

We can release it in script form then once its working well a plugin can be made.

As for which project is better well we can discuss this below.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have you tried the vdr plugin? I still need to install the drivers for my hdhomerun.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• From what I can read online it seems that VDR is the best backend and is very stable. The problem is that its not easy to setup compared to tvheadend. Also all the forum help is mostly all in German.

Any thoughts ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I meant the openmediavault-vdr plugin in the omv-extras repo (needs to be enabled in the omv-extras plugin).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• If you get it working please post back how you did it. Then a script can be made then last a plugin. I have not installed VDR, I guess it must be done by source since we are still in squeeze I don't know if that will be a problem.

• I see there is a plugin for 0.5 but I'm still on 0.4. I'll do a fresh install to 0.5 today. Can you get a script for the hdhomerun drivers going or a detailed guide.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will work on the hdhomerun drivers/plugin.

• Right now the hardware I have is not final. Its a dual quad core socket 771. An old system with 32 gigs of ram. Going to change system because it does not support PCI pass through and I want to use vitural box. Is running 12 3 tb drives on software raid 5. Not the best system buts its OK for now. I have tons of plugins loaded so its easier to just to go fresh install. I have done it before with no issues. My new system will be allot more powerfull with 32 or 64 gigs of ram.

• Thanks ryecoaaron looking forward to running hdhomerun on open media vault. So far I have tried it on media portal server with not good results server keeps crashing, have tried it on nextpvr while the server does not crash it plays for about 10 min then stops. I tried it on mythtv and it worked fine. Go figure its stable on Linux......hummmm I wonder why.

• Any PVR solution would have to provide a similar/better experience to MythTV for me to switch. Aside from the challenges of configuration, which includes installing some X-libs (not a full Xserver or GUI) to support running mythtv-setup using X over SSH, MythTV has been very stable and enjoyable to use. In any case, eventually moving to Wheezy with OMV 0.6 will likely be a big help to all of the options on the table.

• VDR is a better option than mythtv as a plugin has already been released. However that does not stop anybody from making a mythtv plugin as well as a tvheadend plugin.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!