autoshutdown only works once

• Hi,

I'm new to omv and in the last weeks I setup my new NAS-machine. OMV seems to be a very goot piece of software *thumbs up*

I'm using autoshutdown to send my NAS to suspend, but it seems there are some problems after waking up the NAS.

When I apply changes in the autoshutdown-menu the log works fine and it shuts down like I think it should.

After waking up autoshutdown seems not to work, it doesn't send the machine to sleep and there are no log-entrys.

Could there be problems with restarting autoshutdown?

Thanks for your help

• Hi,

I have the same problem, suspend work only one time (launched by auto-suspend or manualy by pm-suspend or hibernate-ram). After wake up (by manual push power button or send magic packet) OMV start working good but next suspend not work - i.e.after launch e.g. pm-suspend the computer seems go to sleepbut after one second later OMV start to life.

Code
    root@OPV:~# ls -l /etc/pm/sleep.d
    razem 4
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 174 11-14 14:47 autoshutdown-restart

Code
    root@OPV:~# ls -l /etc/pm/power.d
    razem 4
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 174 11-14 14:47 autoshutdown-restart
  • Add one more who is encountering the same problem.

Autoshutdown works fine after OMV is rebooted (pm-suspend command issued when the specified ip's are no longer present).

After waking OMV there are no entries in the autoshutdown log after the previous pm-suspend command, and the system will not suspend again.

OMV is version 0.5.31.

root@openmediavault:~# ls -l /etc/pm/sleep.d
    total 4
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 172 Jan 22 12:28 autoshutdown-restart

root@openmediavault:~# ls -l /etc/pm/power.d
    total 4
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 172 Jan 22 12:31 autoshutdown-restart

If ASD needs to be removed and reinstalled, what is the best way to accomplish this.

Thanks for any help.

• Ah, I think I know, whats happening
    Please execute the following:

Code
    chmod +x /etc/pm/sleep.d/autoshutdown-restart
    chmod +x /etc/pm/power.d/autoshutdown-restart

and report back, if it works afterwards.
    Thx

PS: the script isn't executable, so it doesn't restart after a suspend :o
    The code above fixes this (hopefully)

• Hello,

it was the same here. Without knowing about this /etc/pm/sleep.d/ I wrote a tiny script and run it every 3 minutes via cronjob.

asd_detect.sh:

Bash
    #!/bin/bash

if ! [ $(pgrep autoshutdown.sh) ]; 
      then 
        /usr/local/bin/autoshutdown.sh;
      else
        echo "läuft"; exit;
    fi;

It's also helpful, if it ends from other reason.

I just had look on /etc/pm/sleep.d/ and it is empty. ASD is 0.5.15.

will;

• Hi,

I reinstall system (to many changes) and from yesterday I can't enter to omv-extras.org - can somebody check is this my problem or web service not work on this page?

I have in my windwos file openmediavault-omvextrasorg_0.5.38_all.deb but after install extension I can't download list of plugins. But if I uncheck in "OMV-Extras.org" option "include repository OMV-Extras.org" then plugins is loaded.

PS. Before reinstall, autoshutdown scritp not work because they not lauched, but computer was go auto sleep....

BR, Krzysiek

• Making the script executable did not solve the problem.
    After waking the server checked the ASD log, which had no activity since the last pm-suspend command. After a short time, check log again and it was empty.

Attempted to run "/etc/init.d/autoshutdown restart" which returned the following:

Restarting autoshutdown: /usr/local/bin/autoshutdown.sh
    There seems to be no running process of autoshutdown: /usr/local/bin/autoshutdown.sh

After that, ran " /etc/init.d/autoshutdown start" which restarted ASD.

As a disclaimer, I am not familiar with Debian. Just trying to do some basic troubleshooting.

• oneiro. http://omv-extras.org/simple/ works for me, just fine.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Warte mal bis, die neue Version raus ist. Die sollte gehen, habe die fixes gerade eingecheckt.
    Ryeco packt das ganze zusammen und haut es raus, wenn er fertig ist. Gebt ihm ein bisschen Zeit ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!