Migrate existing OMV installation to VM

• I want to move my existing OMV 0.5 installation (1x80GB system drive + 3x 2TB data drive RAID 5) to VM hosted on Microsoft Hyper-V server.
    I need an advice how to painfully migrate my setup.
    Sorry for my poor english.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why Hyper-V??? :lol:

Are the drives moving to the hyper-v server?? If not, you will need to unshare and unmount the raid array before transferring. You can transfer the system drive using clonezilla (set icds option if using smaller virtual drive for system).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yes, data drive will move to new server.
    Why Hyper-V, because I need for my testing environment, and I will have 4-5 various Windows VM on it, and probably 2 linux VM (OMV + turnkey core).

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the system drive moves with it, then it should boot right up. You will just need to run omv-firstaid (login locally) to get the networking working. If the system drive does not move with it, you just need to clone it to the virtual drive and run omv-firstaid.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!