Plugins that are wanted part 3

• I think piwigo is a good Gallery.however I want function is "add share" like owncloud plugin,It allow the gallery scanning directory existed.

China|OMV 3 - 64 bit HP N54L,4G RAM,8G SSD(OS),3Tx1(Data),1T×1(Data),250G×1(Data),160G×1(Data).

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

NznDrone has a big dependency - mono. Maybe jhmiller has tried it??

Possible under Squeeze, but not worth the effort. Nearly wrecked my Debian Squeeze on my root server a couple of months ago.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Aaron, I think you embezzled a plugin suggestion from the old thread. A Plugin that provides multiple services like owncloud - and others - acessesable as a a network share.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "davidh2k"

Aaron, I think you embezzled a plugin suggestion from the old thread. A Plugin that provides multiple services like owncloud - and others - acessesable as a a network share.

I did?

So, you want a plugin that installs multiple services at once and allows access to the files as a network share? Tough to do. Most program use a database and wouldn't know that you are accessing the files as a network share.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Possible under Squeeze, but not worth the effort. Nearly wrecked my Debian Squeeze on my root server a couple of months ago.

Greetings
    David

I managed to do it yesterday in 30 mins (compile time) I now have 3 .deb packages that installs mono, a mono dependency (can't remember the name, lib something lol) and Nzbdrone.
    Nice UI but I think I like Sickbeard better.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I did?

So, you want a plugin that installs multiple services at once and allows access to the files as a network share? Tough to do. Most program use a database and wouldn't know that you are accessing the files as a network share.

IIRC, it was about services that offer WebDAV access to its services. So it would be about a "passthrough" of these services.

Greetings
    David

• I really don't don't think we need duplicate programs doing the same thing. If we have a plugin that works right then there is no need of another plugin that does the same job. ie sickbeard and nzbdrone

Best to have 1 plugin for 1 job. As for me I have no issues with sickbeard.

• I agree. There are a lot of other good programs that should be addressed. If work was duplicated there would be people always crying to get their flavor of torrent program done. If a plugin does a great job no need to duplicate efforts.

• Zitat von "Cpoc"

I really don't don't think we need duplicate programs doing the same thing. If we have a plugin that works right then there is no need of another plugin that does the same job. ie sickbeard and nzbdrone

Best to have 1 plugin for 1 job. As for me I have no issues with sickbeard.

Totally agree, I think its also worth pointing out that python unlike mono is a system app. Nzbdrone is nice but it has no extra features compared to sickbeard. Also when OMV wheezy is out installing Nzbdrone should be very simple for those that want it.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• fail2ban automatically scans log files and creates rules for the OMV firewall. So it only uses the built in firewall instead of an external.
    Excellent plugin for a Home /SoHo user without a dedicated firewall.

• you can buy a very low cost openWRT compatible router and use it as firewall. I don't think to have an iptables firewall on a NAS is a good idea. Moreover an automated one that adds strings on his own!
    Protect your LAN at the biginning, not at the end. You protect the house from the fence, not from your internal doors!!!

• It does not add strings to it, which you do not like. You can configure it yourself.

Home/SoHo - Users will never buy a seperate product. I´m with you and your thoughts. Got a seperate firewall running here.

• Zitat von "TheCondor"

you can buy a very low cost openWRT compatible router and use it as firewall. I don't think to have an iptables firewall on a NAS is a good idea. Moreover an automated one that adds strings on his own!
    Protect your LAN at the biginning, not at the end. You protect the house from the fence, not from your internal doors!!!

fail2ban blacklist IP that keeps trying to access to your server in an attempt to bruteforce your password or looking for weakness.
    If properly set-up, this is a good protection against this kind of random attack.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!