Plugins that are wanted part 3

• My fault, sorry :D I understood that you were looking at a solution to backup the OS drive of the NAS, not of workstation clients. Disregard :D

I have used Acronis TrueImage over the past 5ish years for system backups and conversion from physical machine to virtual machine. It has evolved a lot, from being a bootable tool to backup/restore a drive/partition to/from a local/remote image file (yikes that's a lot of slashes :D), to a pretty decent Windows client with scheduled full/incremental backups of targets of your choice. Maybe you can give it a try, see if it suits your needs. I believe it can do an image of the system drive while the system is running. Obviously, you can't restore an image over a running OS.

• Zitat von "puterfixer"

My fault, sorry :D I understood that you were looking at a solution to backup the OS drive of the NAS, not of workstation clients. Disregard :D

Well, it has been requested to do both things.

Zitat von "puterfixer"

I have used Acronis TrueImage over the past 5ish years for system backups and conversion from physical machine to virtual machine. It has evolved a lot, from being a bootable tool to backup/restore a drive/partition to/from a local/remote image file (yikes that's a lot of slashes :D), to a pretty decent Windows client with scheduled full/incremental backups of targets of your choice.

I've used it too. But if I'm not mistaken it is a paid solution, so a bit out of the question here for most users.

Zitat von "puterfixer"

Maybe you can give it a try, see if it suits your needs. I believe it can do an image of the system drive while the system is running. Obviously, you can't restore an image over a running OS.

Another plus over clonezilla: It can do system images as small as the data on the disk and then retore it to smaller disks!

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• here's an idea for those that might be looking a little more savy and fresh, i know we have miniDLNA and Plex, but what bout IceCast or Shoutcast?
    it would offer a new type of media streaming at a low security risk.
    the plugin shouldnt be to hard to setup, as there arent many options to set in either IC or SC.

and another idea would be(and i'm not sure if this has been mentioned and i missed it) what bout a plugin that would help the end user create scripts
    like for Transmissions, a script that would look at the downloaded files and filter them to other folders via extension,( music for .mp3,.ogg/videos for .avi.mpeg / and Doc for .pdf odp docx) or for any other program that can accept scripts?

A Thought i had as i was lookin thru Transmissions.

If the world is a dance floor,
    then i shall be its DJ
    Vamps

If the world is a dance floor,
    Then i shall be its DJ.
    Vamps

• MrVamps: for the second question, just setup a bash script. ;) I remember I saw one that does this just some days ago.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Dunno if you meant mine..? This scans the folder recursively, writes the files with the wanted extentions in temp files and moves them to the wanted folder(s).

• Yep, exactly. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

The server only works on Windows from what I can tell??

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Uses mono. Yuck. While it will be easier to get mono working on OMV 0.6 (based on Wheezy), I personally stay away from plugins that require java or mono because it is too much for a lot of lower powered servers.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• We already have a tutorial on how to set up your OMV as a PXE server.
    But this looks interesting though.

However, I also thought about a plugin for a PXE server. Instead of manually installing it via the how to...

Good idea imho.

• Not in the list, but a rtcwake plugin would be nice

Server:
    BitFenix Phenom M - ASRock B75 Pro3-M - 8GB Crucial B.S. - Intel G2140 - Corsair CX430M - 1x 64GB SanDisk SDSSDP (system) - 2x 2TB WD20EARX (data) - 1x 3TB WD30EFRX (Snapraid) - TBS6981 DVB-S2 - OMV 0.5x

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "noxx"

Not in the list, but a rtcwake plugin would be nice

Added to the openmediavault-wol 0.5.1 plugin in the testing repo. It executes the command but I don't have a system I can test it on right now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!