OMV recovery after bad upgrade?

• I recently inadvertently filled up my /dev/sdc1 (mounted at root) drive by copying files to the wrong place. Without realising this I tried to install upgrades in OMV and the system hung. I now get an "Error 500" from the web server, but I can still log in via SSH.

I've cleared the space back, of course, but can anyone advise how best to reinstall OMV without losing the configuration or NAS data?

• Disconnect your data drives. Only leave the system drive connected. Reinstall OMV on the system drive. Once that is done turn off and reconnect data drives. Start up and redo your config. It will not take long if you have some experience with OMV.

• Configuration will be deleted if you reinstall OMV from the installation media and all the shares, too. But the storage (Or Raid) data will be retained if you follow tekk's instructions.
    Write down the names of the shares and users and their config and after reinstall create them again. I did that yesterday twice and it worked.

I once ran into the same situation due to a misleaded backup script, that filled my system drive completely. But I wonder if upgrades work if it cannot download data? Did you control your system drive with running df from the command line? I was able to clear the situation with deleting the misleaded data, start OMV over and everything was allright again.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• Zitat von "simon.maddox"

I recently inadvertently filled up my /dev/sdc1 (mounted at root) drive by copying files to the wrong place. Without realising this I tried to install upgrades in OMV and the system hung. I now get an "Error 500" from the web server, but I can still log in via SSH.

I've cleared the space back, of course, but can anyone advise how best to reinstall OMV without losing the configuration or NAS data?

Before you jump onto reinstalling OpenMediaVault, try just to reinstall the package. This won't loose any configuration.

Code
    apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!