eth0 keeps going back to 100mbps

• I have a SuperMicro motherboard that includes 2x Intel 82573V Gigabit Ethernet Controllers. Eth1 keeps it's DHCP and speed settings (1000 duplex full), however eth0 keeps changing back to 100 duplex full. I've tried running the OMV-firstaid command a few times to re-setup the NIC, but to no avail. How can I force the NIC to keep the 1000 setting?

• They are both Cat6 cables. I swapped the naughty one out with another Cat6, same issue. Both NICs are plugged into the same gigabit switch, a Trendnet 8 port. I tried different ports on the switch with the same results, eth0 goes back to 100. I tried a different switch, this on a Netgear 4 port gigabit switch, same result.

When I switch eth0 to 1000, it stays for about 20 seconds then changes back. I'm changing it in the CLI using the command below:

Code
    ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full
  • yep i read the thread - was just thinking. Maybe It can not handle both at gigabit at the same time... Maybe driver related. That´s why i suggested the backports kernel.

Another idea, if you have blown out your port, try ONLY the one which continuously changes to 100. So let the 1000-port unplugged. Try to change it now. Does it still change back?

• That is good idea. Unplug the one that is working at gigabit speeds. Then see if the port that is reverting to 100 MPS still reverts or if it would stay gigabit now. Also, upgrade to backports kernel via OMV Extras would not hurt either.

• I tried the can of air in the bad port with no result. It looks clean in there. I might try some rubbing alchohol the next time I have it down for awhile.

I'm using the Intel e1000e-2.6.32-5_2.3.2_amd64 driver for both NICs.

• Another idea is to control the position of the metal pins inside the faulty connector. I've had a machine which did funny things in the network and the reason was a deformed pin probably due to a bad cable or dirt on the cable pins. Brought it in shape with a small nipper and everything was allright again.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• Clicking on the plugin tab gives the error below:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-clamav 2>&1': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-clamav : Depends: clamav-daemon but it is not installable Depends: clamav-freshclam but it is not installable E: Broken packages

Code
    Error #4000: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-clamav 2>&1': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-clamav : Depends: clamav-daemon but it is not installable Depends: clamav-freshclam but it is not installable E: Broken packages' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc:139 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->enumeratePlugins(NULL, Array) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc(225): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumeratePlugin...', NULL, Array) #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->getList(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array) #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'getList', Array, Array, 1) #7 {main}

That's an interesting result.

• No, I havn't added any repos. Apt-get update didn't return any errors.

• Your sources.list is messed up. Hold on and I post what you need to put in this file /etc/apt/sources.list

After you update this file do these commands:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get -f install

Then tell me if you have errors in web-gui.

• The initial error from the Plugins tab appears right after clicking the Plugins tab button. If I click OK through the message I can then click the uploads button to upload the openmediavault-omvextrasorg_0.5.38_all.deb plugin.

After selecting the file and uploading, I get the error below (same?):

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-clamav 2>&1': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-clamav : Depends: clamav-daemon but it is not installable Depends: clamav-freshclam but it is not installable E: Broken packages

Code
    Error #4000: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-clamav 2>&1': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-clamav : Depends: clamav-daemon but it is not installable Depends: clamav-freshclam but it is not installable E: Broken packages' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc:139 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->enumeratePlugins(NULL, Array) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc(225): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumeratePlugin...', NULL, Array) #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->getList(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array) #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'getList', Array, Array, 1) #7 {main}

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!