Connect OpenMediaVault to an Windows Server 2012R2 AD/LDAP

• Hmh, I just cannot get it to work regularly. Sometimes it works but more often it does not and I am unable to find out the reason.

I am goingt to start all over once again and post all of my config files. Maybe you find the time to look over them and hopefully I just made a stupid mistake somewhere :D

• gladston3: Can you test with Server 2008 or even 2003? Or let your 2012 work as a 2003 instance?

I think this may be related to 2012 and how it integrates the AD/LDAP. We know that it works flawless for donh with 2008. So try it with 2012 in 2008 or 2003 mode!

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I found a realy nice tool for browsing ldap directory. It works under win, linux or mac. You can use it to refine your ou= cn=, all that crap. Hopefully the search gets quicker if it is only looking at were the users are. I can't tell if it is any faster but might help. Can't hurt anyway if it is correct paths.

http://directory.apache.org/studio/

You can also install

Code
    apt-get install ldapscripts

and search directly. Some examples here. http://www.ucs.cam.ac.uk/lookup/ldapqueries

• Hi,

I followed this howto, but I encountered this problem. Did I forget something ?

Code
    root@omv:~# net ads join -U omv 
    Enter omv's password: 
    smbldap_search_domain_info: Adding domain info for OMV failed with NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL 
    pdb_create_builtin_alias: Could not add group mapping entry for alias 544 (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED) 
    pdb_create_builtin_alias: Could not add group mapping entry for alias 545 (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED) 
    Using short domain name -- CENTRAL 
    Joined 'OMV' to realm 'central.net' 
    DNS Update for omv.central.net failed: ERROR_DNS_UPDATE_FAILED 
    DNS update failed!

Commands "wbinfo" works, but I can't see users and groups into omv interface as the mapping is not correct.

Thank you

• Holy Necromancy!
    I just thought I would add that I had the exact same issue as BlackONE.

I then found the following forum item

Join a Windows 2008 R2 domain with OMV [^]

In there El Muchacho mentions a missing package (libnss-winbind) I installed it and getent passwd and groups started working and users started appearing in the Web UI.

I hope this helps someone else.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!