Intel C2750 - ASROCK C2750D4I

• Hi everybody,

first of all, I apologize for my english who isn't my main language. I can only do some simples sentences -_-

I bought my new ASROCK C2750D4I and I was a bit disappointed when I tried to install OMV 0.5.0.24 x64. This motherboard contains 3 criticals controller :

- Intel C2750 SATA Controller (4x SATA 3.0Gbps + 2x SATA 6.0Gbps) (as mentionned on ASROCK's website)
    HDD are not detected during the installation on both of these ports
    - Marvell SE9230 SATA Controller (2x SATA 6.0Gbps)
    - Marvell SE9172 SATA Controller (4x SATA 6.0Gbps)
    - Intel i210 Network Controller (2x 1Gbps)
    Network Controller is not ditected during the installation. I tried to load the drive from a USB key but a message saying that the removable media is not pluged in appeared.

Unfortunately, all of these controller do not work on Debian apparently. I tried a lot of things but I'm not good in Linux so I come here and request your help.
    Does anyone got this card or a card with these controller and could help me a bit?

Thanks a lot

benitude

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is a very new motherboard. You could try the backports 3.2 kernel but you may have to wait for the next version of OMV (soon, based on Wheezy) and use the backports 3.12 kernel.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Y es, I ve read a lot about the 0.6 OMV since I posted this message. OK for the 3.2 back ports kernel, I m already using it on my main OMV box but how should I install it if I can't even install OMV with my new configuration? Is there something to do before the installation launch? Like load a driver, more source code or something?

And BTW, I m fine actually with my main OMV box, and if there is no possibilities I ll wait for OMV 0.6 but could you tell me when a release is planned approximately?

Thank you for your fast reply.

Beni

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I have this motherboard, great piece of hardware. I didn't install OMV directly on top of it so I can't speak of hardware support in this case.
    But I have it right now running a KVM host (based on CentOS 6.5) and everything is running fine (SATA, NICs, ...), OMV is a guest in this config and use the disks directly mapped as virtio devices.

• Hey guys!

I could test the board at work and I love it!
    So much possibilities u can do with this board. I thought about a selfmade and selfbuild NAS with this Board.
    The Power of this Avoton is pretty good and I think it will be enough for my usage.
    Maybe I get two of these boards and with the 2nd board i will make my multimedia Center for home.

One Thing is fact! This board stimulates the phantasy! :)

• How are you using the board? I am thinking about purchasing this but I want to make sure that the SATA chipsets are compatible with OMV.

Have you tried installing OMV 0.5 directly from the ISO or did you install OMV through Debian 7 and OMV through apt-get?

Any issues?

ASUS P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L w/ Intel Atom C2550 (2.40GHz) | Kingston ECC 16GB RAM | 1x 120GB OS HDD| 8x 2TB HDD (RAID 6) | SilverStone DS380
    OMV 2.1.23 Stone Burner (64 bit) | Debian 7 (Wheezy) w/Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64

• Does anyone has update on this motherboard with USB installation source ?
    I try to install from USB, but then stuck when network driver is not identified.
    And then escape, but then only able to boot to CLI login, and never go to X environment.

Anyone can help ? Please.... :cry:

• Offizieller Beitrag

X environment?? OMV doesn't install X. What image are you using?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I use ISO image from download link, and then dd to USB and then install on the board.
    After installation (select this and that, but fail for networks driver), then not sure whether installation already completed.
    And after finish reboot, I got only CLI login and not window setting or environment.

Really appreciate for any walkthru help...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Which download link?

OMV only installs CLI because the rest is configured in a web browser on a different computer. It should show you the IP address you need to enter in your browser to configure. Here is a list of guides.

• Hi benitude,

Thanks for direction.
    But it seems "make" utility is not included in the package (make: command not found), and I can not do "make install" from the intel driver.
    Any suggestion to be able to do make in this debian package ?

Or I might have to find some old NIC to help me. But I'm not so sure what type of NIC can be used.

• apt-get install build-essentials

or maybe just build-essential...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

apt-get install build-essential :)

• I'm never sure about that package name ^^ thanks Aaron.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

• Hi all,
    Finally I'm able to complete installation, with additional NIC on PCI xpress slot.
    To my surprise, the NIC which is intel i350 4 port gigabit, able to be detected out of box during installation.
    This is I believe also new network chip, but already supported surprisingly.
    Intel i210 should be also detected, but it looks like can not found the network hardware, although already enabled in BIOS setting. Perhaps some BIOS issue or anything.

And now I can update package...

Thanks all

• "Intel i210 should be also detected, but it looks like can not found the network hardware, although already enabled in BIOS setting. Perhaps some BIOS issue or anything."

What version of OMV do you have installed?

OMV 2.2.13 (Stone burner) Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 omvextrasorg 1.34
    Case: U-NAS NSC-200 , Power Supply: picoPSU-80, 80w , Mainboard: ASRock C2550D4I , CPU: INTEL Atom Quad Core 2.40 Ghz , DDR3:Crucial 4GB (1x CT51272BD160B) , OS: SSD Crucial MX100 128 GB , DATA: 2x WD Red WD30EFRX - 3 TB RAID-1 , NIC: (2x INTEL i210) , USB: Vantec USB3 UGT-PC312 PCI-e

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!