Installing on Mac Mini

• Hello!
    Please forgive me as I am new to OpenMedia. I have been previously using WinHome Server 2011 on a MacMini. I want to try
    OpenMedia as I feel there are more options.

My Setup:

MacMini 1.86Ghz 2GB Ram 80Gb HD (Install Drive)

I have two 2 TB External HD daisychained through FireWire. It shouldn't be a problem as not much is pulled off the hard drives at once.

Now when I attempt to install OpenMedia after installation I get a Flashing Folder with ? in it. Usually this means there is something wrong
    with the boot loader. I have attempted to Refit which would allow me to boot up OpenMedia however when I install OpenMedia it does
    a complete format of the drive and thus not allowing me access to the BootLoader.

Any suggestions for me to bypass this or get over this hurdle would be greatly appreciated

Thank You!

• Install Debian Squeeze from scratch and setup the bootloader yourself. Then install OpenMediaVault via Package Repositories.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• These are the steps to install OMV after you have installed debian squeeze:

Code
    echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public saudarkar main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault
    omv-initsystem
    • Offizieller Beitrag

will i get same error of the bootloader is fixed?

It isn't really an error. The OMV ISO just doesn't have the uefi packages on it. If you use the Debian Jessie ISO and follow the post to install OMV, it should work fine. I have installed it on my mac mini before.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!