HP Proliant N54L

• Hello,

I just ordered an HP Proliant N54L and I just discovered the OMV distribution. Could you please help me answer the following 2 questions:
    1) Is the hardware fully recognized out of the box? I saw on debian forum that HP maintains some depot especially for Debian support https://wiki.debian.org/HP/ProLiant. Is it a necessary step to include this depot in OMV?
    I heard especially issue about fan speed on Debian ...
    2) Have any of you install OMV through ESXI?

Thank you for your help.

• 1) Many Users here use it. So it should be fine.

2) There are people that run it via ESXi, via Proxmox, or even other virtualization technologies.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I have the N40L as my productive machine. Running 2 VMs (win 7, ubuntu) and Plex for my media. It also backs up several Macs through TimeMachine, and does many other things. The hardware is fully supported without making any changes.

It is a very cheap but powerful NAS solution imho.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!