How to start GUI ?

• I installed OMV by openmediavault_0.5.0.24_amd64.iso, now I want to use GUI (not OMV web GUI), what shoud i do ?
    Are there any other packages should be installed before startx ?

I love my beautiful NAS !
    Hardware: Mainboard ASUS H87I-PLUS|CPU Xeon E3 1230V3|RAM 2x8G|SSD Samsung 120GB|HDD 1x3T + 1x2T|Scalability: 5*SATA
    Software: Vmware ESXi 5.5 build Vitural Machines(OMV 0.5.35,Ubuntu,Debia wheezy,Windows 7)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mandrake ()

• Code
    # startx
    -bash: startx: command not found

Hardware: Mainboard ASUS H87I-PLUS|CPU Xeon E3 1230V3|RAM 2x8G|SSD Samsung 120GB|HDD 1x3T + 1x2T|Scalability: 5*SATA
    Software: Vmware ESXi 5.5 build Vitural Machines(OMV 0.5.35,Ubuntu,Debia wheezy,Windows 7)

• Dumdidum.

Why do you need a GUI on your SERVER. In case you didn't noticed, under Linux 99% of all Servers do NOT come with a Desktop, cause, well, then they would be called Desktop...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Dumdidum.

Why do you need a GUI on your SERVER. In case you didn't noticed, under Linux 99% of all Servers do NOT come with a Desktop, cause, well, then they would be called Desktop...

Greetings
    David

Because I have a application must runs on the GUI
    Thank you verymuch

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Maybe they want to use a desktop application without messing with X11 forwarding. VNC, even with a tunnel, is easier to setup then X11 forwarding.

Yes, this is my reason, and how to install X11 ?
    I can use ESXi vsPhare as a terminal ,it supports connecting to GUI

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "mandrake"

Yes, this is my reason, and how to install X11 ?
    I can use ESXi vsPhare as a terminal ,it supports connecting to GUI

It would be easier to install a desktop version of Debian Squeeze, then install OMV on top of that... but this might help...

http://aruljohn.com/info/xwindow/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!