"smartctl --all /dev/sdX" in Web Gui

• I was wondering if it would be possible to have on the web gui, for each hd installed on the system, the output of the command "smartctl --all /dev/sdX".
    I use NasLite where this infos are available, and for my use of the system, this is a very usefull information to "debug" :) bad hard drives...

Let me know your opinion about! :)

Edit:
    I have created o cronjob with this command:

Code
    smartctl --all /dev/sdb >/media/d7e8338a-970c-43a1-a0c7-a05a43e42edb/Disco2Share/_smart_/Disco4.txt

but the file log (Disco4.txt) is empty (0 bytes) :?:

when i execute the same command in the CLI the file log (Disco4.txt) contains the Smart data...

Perhaps I'm doing something silly, but I don't understand what... :D

Edit number 2:
    Solved.
    I used the CLI command "crontab -e" to issue the smartctl commands.
    If I use the GUI CronJob, it works!

Sorry, I'm a noob...

• Do you mean something like that?:

http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=957

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Yes, this would be very usefull :)

But it would be nice to have the option of viewing the output of these two commands (for each drive):

Code
    smartctl --all /dev/sdb
    smartctl --xall /dev/sdb

I think this is a lot easyer to do, and show very important and detailed infos.
    It could be a sort of "Advanced HD Infos" button.
    Just my two cents... :D

• Feel free to add these suggestions to the bugtracker report!

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!