Downloader Plugin YouTube To MP3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also where are the Downloader configs located? On my first run testing (before I installed FFmpeg) I went through a YouTube channel with the Delete after Download button selected and I would like to be able to download them some time in the future. Is there a download list I can delete somewhere?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also where are the Downloader configs located?

Configs? If you add a download and it is still visible in the plugin, then the download settings are in the database /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. If they aren't not visible in the plugin because you downloaded it and had Delete after Download checked, then they do not exist anywhere.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just thought there was some way to start over again downloading from a channel as if you never downloaded from it before. I have deleted the plugin, removed all of the files from my downloads folder and reinstalled the plugin, but somehow the plugin detects that those files have been downloaded before. Is there no way to "reset" a job?

And is there no way to stop the blasted thing from downloading a channel's entire video content? If I see that a certain setting isn't working as expected, there is no way to stop the downloads and adjust the job, even if you delete the plugin. The only way I have discovered is to restart the server. I'm not fond of doing that if I don't have to.

I'm not trying to rag on your plugin. It must be doing what you want it to do. I am just trying to understand how to set it up. Even after I have installed FFmpeg as root, deleted and re-installed the Downloader plugin, and restarted the server, I cannot get it to create an mp3 file. Looking at the man page I didn't see an mp3 encoder but I did see one for aac. If i set it to download aac only, it still produces a webm file.

I'm sorry. I will let it go after this. It's not like I desperately need this feature. I didn't even know it existed until a few days ago. It's just my pride. I hate for a "little ol' plugin" from beating me. (And then I go to the github page and see how many lines of code make up this "little ol' plugin" :huh:)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there no way to "reset" a job?

It looks to see if the file exists. If you want to reset it, delete the file that has the matching name.

And is there no way to stop the blasted thing from downloading a channel's entire video content?

It downloads what you tell it to. If you give it the channel's url, it will download it. If you give it a playlist, it will only download the playlist. And if you give it a single video, it should only download a single video. I have been using the plugin a lot for years and never had any issues with this.

I'm not trying to rag on your plugin. It must be doing what you want it to do. I am just trying to understand how to set it up. Even after I have installed FFmpeg as root, deleted and re-installed the Downloader plugin, and restarted the server, I cannot get it to create an mp3 file. Looking at the man page I didn't see an mp3 encoder but I did see one for aac. If i set it to download aac only, it still produces a webm file.

I did write it for myself and it does exactly what I want. I will have to look at it again. The code really hasn't changed much in a long time.

I'm sorry. I will let it go after this. It's not like I desperately need this feature. I didn't even know it existed until a few days ago. It's just my pride. I hate for a "little ol' plugin" from beating me.

Many people have told me the plugin does something wrong or does the same thing as another "downloader" or is missing features. So, you aren't the first :) If it is not doing what you want, it probably would be better to use something else. The only reason I make sure it works on each version of OMV is that I use it. But I have been using youtube-dl more from the command line. So, the plugin might not be maintained moving forward.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you guys for recommending so many plugins!

Be careful when applying what is said in this thread. It started in 2014. There will be very outdated comments.

• Thank you guys for recommending so many plugins!

Surfing the Internet is often accompanied by listening to music, reading various articles, blogs and news, watching videos, etc. It is videos that users are most often interested in. Some sites initially have a download function. They have the appropriate capabilities to click a button and start downloading to your hard drive, but even if there is no such button, you can still download and save a video file. This is precisely what mp3search.FM is used for. I use it more often for downloading audio.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!