NFS won't start - error #4000

• hi all guys, i'm anything but an advanced user trying to setup a home server running 0.3.0.22.
    installation was fine and everything goes including samba share, but nfs one won't start. all i got is

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; sudo invoke-rc.d 'nfs-kernel-server' start 2>&1': Exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...exportfs: invalid netmask `112' for 192.168.2.0 failed! invoke-rc.d: initscript nfs-kernel-server, action "start" failed.

showing details

nfs shared folder are created, i tried changing numbers of servers in the setting panel but everytime the same error.
    i'm totally lost, and can't find the right documentation too.. help or any tip appreciated, thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think the error massage is telling you enough what is wrong

Code
    Exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...exportfs: invalid netmask `112' for 192.168.2.0 failed!

Your 'Client' netmask is incorrect, it should look like 192.168.178.0/24 or 172.16.100.101/32, ...

Maybe you should post /etc/exports here or tell us your NFS share configuration options.

• ok, i need to get some lan theory as soon as possible.

with one ip only in the share configuration options everything works and i can mount my folder from the client 192.168.2.33
    but if i set multiple clients in the NFS share configuration options (192.168.2.32/42 for all the static ips including those reserved for dhcp) i got the error#4000

edit: quick lan lesson, ip changed to 192.168.2.2/24 and no more error messages. thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!